Gmail won't automatically sync anymore?

lucey

Reaction score
When I first got my droid they set my gmail up in the Verizon store and it was working fine. More recently I noticed my gmail is not receiving my emails anymore. I have to go in and manually click refresh or go to my accounts and click the sync email choice. I downloaded the update version of gmail yesterday from the app store thinking that might fix it but it didn't.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Also it might be that your battery manager is set to max battery saver. Set it to nighttime saver and see.

OP
L

lucey

Reaction score
the battery is on nighttime mode. When I go to menu, settings, accounts there is no option for automatic sync or anything,meaning each time I want to check my emails I would need to do menu settings account and sync now which is just a pain. Especially seeing as this didn't happen before, I just don't get why it stopped doing it itself randomly.

OP
L

lucey

Reaction score
There's is no "auto sync" option in my settings for accounts :/

droidster123

Reaction score
Had the same problem while back, my fix was put the power control widget on one of your screens and make sure the sync icon is turned to on.

rosem119

Reaction score
Exactly what droidster123 said should do the trick.

OP
L

lucey

Reaction score
I added power control to my screen, clicked sync on and within seconds I had a new email notification haha. Thank you! What do the other toggles do? I know its wifi(?),bluetooth,not sure about the middle, sync and brightness. just not sure what the middle one is. Im pretty sure the first is wifi but not positive?

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Yep... and still the best widget on the phones

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

droidster123

Reaction score
I added power control to my screen, clicked sync on and within seconds I had a new email notification haha. Thank you! What do the other toggles do? I know its wifi(?),bluetooth,not sure about the middle, sync and brightness. just not sure what the middle one is. Im pretty sure the first is wifi but not positive?

Your welcome!!!

MMAlisaver

Reaction score
Gmail syncing is really the only problem I'm having with my phone.

The sync option was turned on on the power control widget when I added the widget to the home screen. Then I clicked it off and back on and an email from a few minutes ago was delivered.

Any ideas? I do get some emails pushed to my phone, but it's really getting to be pretty inconsistent.

louy99

Reaction score
Open up your email and go to settings. All the way in the bottom you will see a" Notify Once" button. Is it checked?