Gmail Sync Lag

Big Fate

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue?

My emails take forever to come thru after I refresh. I think I read somewhere that someone was having a similar issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still the same. Fab or anyone know how to fix this?

nan2825

Reaction score
I am still having that issue. Been like this since Saturday. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has it been happening long (i.e. more than a day or so). It happens from time to time. I guess Google's servers just get bogged down or maybe a few are taken offline for something but it's generally resolved within a day or so (hey, it's free and I can't even fathom the size of their server farms for gmail alone... some down time is expected).

Edit:
Just saw the above, since Saturday I would say it a bit long. Check the Google help forums and see if it's localized or anything. Been working fine here all weekend.

nan2825

Reaction score
For me since Saturday. I figured it probably has something to do with all the droids under Christmas tress. :) I can't even get it to update manually. Had yo settle for checking my mail on my iPod. :-( lol

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Has it been happening long (i.e. more than a day or so). It happens from time to time. I guess Google's servers just get bogged down or maybe a few are taken offline for something but it's generally resolved within a day or so (hey, it's free and I can't even fathom the size of their server farms for gmail alone... some down time is expected).

Edit:
Just saw the above, since Saturday I would say it a bit long. Check the Google help forums and see if it's localized or anything. Been working fine here all weekend.

I dont think it has anything to do with Google. Mine has been happening ever since I flashed to the Apex rom, thats why I'm asking anyone who has this rom if they have a similar issue or if Fab knows whats up.

brutalness

Reaction score
Ive actually been having a problem where if i delete and email on my phone it stills say i have that email and when i got check my email on a computer it is still tehre not even marked as read anyone having this issue?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
whenever i had this problem, regardless of ROM, i just went to settings>applications>manage applications>ALL>Gmail....then i wiped data/cache...go back into your gmail and everything should work fine

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
whenever i had this problem, regardless of ROM, i just went to settings>applications>manage applications>ALL>Gmail....then i wiped data/cache...go back into your gmail and everything should work fine

That may work, but this would delete all your email.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Lol no it doesn't. When u go back in gmail it all syncs back up :p I promise

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score

Forgot that Gmail keeps a backup... But anyways I did this and still get lag on Gmail?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Well its not really a backup...just a constant sync...but either way im sorry that it didnt help ur issue. How long is it taking for you to receive an email from the moment you KNOW its sent....like if u sent yourself an email from another account...

Forgot that Gmail keeps a backup... But anyways I did this and still get lag on Gmail?

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Any wheres from 10-20 mins...

Sent from BIG FATES DROIDX

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Holy crap lol well...the only thing I can think of is to remove the account and add it back again...or what data/cache from the entire phone. And I don't even know if that will help... but it is worth trying. Cuz apex is the best blur rom out

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Holy crap lol well...the only thing I can think of is to remove the account and add it back again...or what data/cache from the entire phone. And I don't even know if that will help... but it is worth trying. Cuz apex is the best blur rom out

To me its not worth it to go thru all that trouble..
Maybe Fab can shed some light?

nyyanx18

Reaction score
Been having this problem too for a while now (a week+). I was thinking it was since the new gmail update, but i uninstalled the updates and still not receiving mail unless i manually sync. also switched to using the Email app, which works a little better, but still nothing like it used to be. It used to be that my droid2 would be sitting right next to my laptop and I'd get a new email notification on the phone and then a few seconds later get it on my laptop.