Gmail sync issues

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Despite sync being on and everything set up I fail to get my messages at all unless I manually go in and sync to get my new emails. Any one else having this issue? maybe something I missed?

Sent from my D1 on UD @ 1.2Ghz

jmonty

Reaction score
same problem here I was wondering WTF was up? The gmail always worked best and not it is slow?

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
same problem here I was wondering WTF was up? The gmail always worked best and not it is slow?

Have you tried uninstalling gmail and reinstalling it again?

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
When I set up the ROM it has the old Gmail app and I updated. Outside of that I haven't done much. I keep forgetting to uninstall/reinstall because rarely do I have app issues. Ill give that a try later and post back.

BigZig

Reaction score
I am having this issue as well and just tried to uninstall/reinstall and when the app luanches it says the account is not configured to sync automaticly but I do have the auto sync checked in the menu.

caseyc

Reaction score
same problem here, its getting really annoying. i have to manually refresh my gmail to get emails now since i updated to UD 1.0. Ive tryed wiping cache and uninstalling and reinstalling and it still doesnt work! I need my gmail to work or im gonna have to switch back to UD8

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
my gmail syncs fine...go into applications, manage applications, filter to all applications, find gmail and delete the data/cache and then restart your phone...this is like the 7th thread about this issue

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Uninstall/ reinstall= nothing. Clear data/ cache= Gmail saying I'm not synched, went to accounts and sync, checked Gmail under the selection, wait for sync button to go away, go back to Gmail and hit refresh as always to get it.

ballmore

Reaction score
try opening the gmail app then go to menu>more>help>scroll down to trouble shooting>problems with sync. It will tell you exactly what Macdonaldj2 was saying but in a little more detail. :)

caseyc

Reaction score
i dont have the gmail storage showing up when i select all apps, just gmail

OP
Sniper_5

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Manage applications> all> Gmail: clear the data and cache. Next, open Gmail. Should say something about not being synched. Go to accounts & sync>( your email@ Gmail. Com). Click on your email. Check the sync Gmail option and WAIT for the sync symbol to go away. I didn't wait before and it didn't sync. When I waited it started working again.