Gmail not updating automatically

vettesfan

Reaction score
To find out if I have a new email I have to open up the app and click refresh everytime, is there a way to automatically get the emails updated?

It is a Droid X running 2.2

cjriddle22

Reaction score
To find out if I have a new email I have to open up the app and click refresh everytime, is there a way to automatically get the emails updated?

It is a Droid X running 2.2

Do you have the power control widget on one of your home screens? If not, long press on a home screen, Widgets > Power Control. See if you have toggled off the data sync (it is the one 2nd from the right, looks like arrows in a circle).

If you have that toggled on, the next thing I would try is go to Settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery > Make sure background data is checked, and that data is enabled.

If you have done the first two steps, the next thing I would try is go to Settings > Accounts > click on your gmail account > make sure syncing contacts, gmail, and calendar are all checked.

Thats all I got on this issue. It seems like I was having this problem sometime ago, and these steps helped resolve it.

One other thing, I use an app called Quick Settings, I think its pretty sweet. It's just like the power control widget (but its an app, not a widget) but you can also control mobile data, along with wifi, gps, bluetooth, auto syncing, and much more. Some people don't like it, b/c it's not an actual widget, but that doesn't bother me. Hope this helps, let us know if this resolves your problems.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If none of the above works try settings/applications/manage apps/all/gmail/clear cache/clear data. It will take a minunte or so for the app to sync but will be good then.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
V

vettesfan

Reaction score
It was the power control widget. I didn't know what that one did so I toggled it off thinking I would be able to conserve battery power that way. Thanks for the replies and ask the suggestions.