Gmail for Android Updated: Priority Inbox Support

J

JohnDroid

image5.png
image2.png
image0.png

I've been using Priority Inbox on my desktop Gmail for a while now and I must say it's been a great productivity increaser. I really like it... and I've been wanting it on my phone for some time now. Google has given me just that. They've just announced/released an update for Gmail that adds Priority Inbox support and a number of other improvements. What have they added? Here's a list:

• Priority Inbox Support
  • Improved Compose
  • Outbound Address Selection
  • In-Line Message Responses

Best of all? No waiting. You don't need Gingerbread, you can get these updates now. Just follow the QR code or download it via the Marketplace now or click here on your phone.

image3.png

You can view the Google Blog Post detailing the changes here: Gmail for Android: better Priority Inbox support and improved compose - Official Gmail Blog

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw this update waiting for me - now who is going to Invert it ?

timrock

Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
They still haven't added the feature I've been requesting for some time. Most of the emails I get are html and as a result it's similar to viewing a webpage so why don't they offer pinch-to-zoom inside of GMail like they do with the browser :huh: It seems like a no brainer but currently my Android experience is not consistent when you can see a whole webpage on the screen fully zoomed out and then focus on parts of interest in the browser but you have to slide emails around making it scroll both ways to see it all. Lame, Lame, Lame.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Going to give the inversion a try tomorrow, well today.... whatever. I will have to fight it out with apk manager, for some reason it does not play well with gmail since google release it on the market?!?!? anyway, I will let you know any progress I make.... and someone may beat me to it, they usually do..... BOWERS!!!!!! :)

widetc

Reaction score
For some reason my download keeps on failing. I've tried to clear data/cache from the market and still nothing. I'm having the same problem with voice search or search voice which ever its called. Can someone point me in right direction for a fix? I'm running on the SS4.9 on the D1.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
For some reason my download keeps on failing. I've tried to clear data/cache from the market and still nothing. I'm having the same problem with voice search or search voice which ever its called. Can someone point me in right direction for a fix? I'm running on the SS4.9 on the D1.

Rename gmail.apk to gmail.bak...reboot then install from market.

Sent from somewhere...

widetc

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. After renaming those files and redownloading them from the market. They installed perfectly fine. Thanks again man.

fchowd0696

Reaction score

Sent from somewhere...
im using root explorer and when i try to rename gmail.apk it says it is read only and cannot be renamed.

widetc

Reaction score

Sent from somewhere...
im using root explorer and when i try to rename gmail.apk it says it is read only and cannot be renamed.

You have to tap on the R/O (read only) button to switch it to the R/W (read write) function and then you can change the file name.