gmail connection issues

wcollier3rd

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, and I'm having a problem with my primary gmail account. I tried sending a couple of emails that were a little to large, the email account locked up while sending and now it says there is no connection.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, and I'm having a problem with my primary gmail account. I tried sending a couple of emails that were a little to large, the email account locked up while sending and now it says there is no connection.

Emails that are too large? Do you mean you had large attachments on them?

I've got a message on mine saying that sync is currently experiencing problems. I looked a little further and it appears the problem is syncing contacts so I don't think that's what your issue is.

Go into accounts and sync and make sure your Google sync is showing connected. If it is, disconnect and sync again. See if that helps.

bbags

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I just went to my outbox and discarded the messages and everything worked out.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If deleting from outbox doesn't work, clear "Gmail storage" data in phone settings > applications