Gmail app not synching

EnriqueSilvaM

Reaction score
The gmail app is not synching. Since 1 week ago. I cant find the "Account & sync" option that others said is a solution. Help me! I use this for work.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I'm not trying to belittle you, but I am going to do this slowly and carefully.

With the display off you can see four capacitive touch buttons at the bottom of the screen. The one on the left that looks like four squares is what we'll call the settings button. Turn on the display and unlock the phone, then press the settings button, then select settings.

You should see a list of settings areas starting with Wireless & Networks. Accounts may be at the bottom of the screen but if not, scroll down the list of settings areas until you see Accounts. Press Accounts.

You should see a list of all accounts you are syncing. Touch the account you are having problems with and make sure there are green check-marks on everything you want to sync.

If the green check-marks are correct, touch the back arrow (the one that loops from bottom to top with an arrow pointing left) using the capacitive buttons.

You should see the list of your accounts. touch the back arrow again to get back to the list of settings areas.

When you see the list of Settings areas, look for and touch Battery & data manager.

You should now be looking at a picture representing your battery and below that you should see three options. Touch Data delivery. Make sure both Background data and Data enabled are checked.

If you don't think you've solved the problem by now try turning the phone off and pull the battery out for a couple minutes and then try again. If that doesn't work try a hard reset using the instructions in the forums FAQ section. Make sure you know your Google password first. Do not allow your applications to sync. After you've setup your accounts test them before adding anything else to your phone and continue to test it while adding applications just to be sure you're not loading something that is killing your email.

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
I had an issue with Gmail syncing as well. If Freedom's explanation doesn't work, try this.

If you don't have the power control widget loaded, load it and make sure that "sync" is turned on. You can delete the widget once it is. Mine had been turned off, and turning it on fixed the issue.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I had an issue with Gmail syncing as well. If Freedom's explanation doesn't work, try this.

If you don't have the power control widget loaded, load it and make sure that "sync" is turned on. You can delete the widget once it is. Mine had been turned off, and turning it on fixed the issue.

That actually sounds like it should be your first step. I don't know why anyone wouldn't have this loaded all the time anyway though. The sync icon is a circle with arrows in it.

OP
E

EnriqueSilvaM

Reaction score
Thank you all. I think is working now, appreciate the help!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

lilhill

Reaction score
Don't hard reset. Go back into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > Gmail > Clear Data/Clear Cache.

That may very well fix the issue without the hassle if a hard reset.

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

rwking

Reaction score
Syncing Issue on Bionic

I actually have been having intermittent sync issues with my rooted Bionic. Clearing the data from the Manage Applications menu seems to have done the trick. Hard resets are sort of a pain in the butt. I would recommend this method prior to a hard reset like the previous poster mentioned. I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue, or if it's user-specific.