Gizmodo tryng to debunk the battery life

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Reading all these reports makes me really disappointed in Motorola. I was hoping this would be the phone to have on Verizon but each day I think Sony is the dark horse of the carrier.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Downfall of over selling a feature. As for my battery do far ... Only been a couple days charged twice (had to) no where near my Maxx HD. I'm down to 52% at 7:30 pm from this morning full charge.
We'll see.

Caesars

Reaction score
I formerly visited gizmodo daily, one day I read a review that was 100% inaccurate and biased towards Apple iPhones. I have no problem with certain sites not loving a specific platform, even making fun of particular platform (loved Aaron mocking iPhones) but gizmodo flat out lied a majority of the read. I wish could remember which one it was now...o well.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You simply have to visit each site understanding that EVERY article is simply one persons opinion. Just because it's posted on a well known site doesn't make their OPINION anymore factually or relevant than any other persons review, experience or personal take on a particular device.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can never expect to get top performance out of the battery life in the first day. Give the phone a day to get fully stabilized and you should see the expected performance.

Also, DON'T FORGET to CHARGE TO 100% BEFORE POWERING THE PHONE ON. I won't be turning my phone on out of the box, but will be placing it on charge FIRST. This will assure that the phone and battery and meter are all on the same page and there will be no issues going forward

Some additional information direct from Motorola for the Turbo...

"How do I properly charge my device?

If you are just setting up your device, new batteries are not fully charged. Plug the supplied battery charger into your phone and an electrical outlet. It may take several seconds to start charging the battery.

If your battery is completely discharged, it may take several minutes for the device to begin charging. The battery needs to charge to a minimum voltage before the system can boot up, and this may take a few moments to achieve.

It is best to use the Motorola charger that came with your phone. Chargers have different output capacities, and a weak charger will take longer to charge your battery. If you are using the device heavily at the time, it may be possible for a weak charger to fail to provide enough energy to actually charge at all.

Important note: The Motorola Turbo charger will charge the device at a faster rate when the device is below 78%. If the device is already at 78% or higher, it will charge at regular speed."

So, as I suspected, the charger only boosts at Turbo speed during the MIDDLE of the charge cycle. It reverts to normal charging rate starting at 78% in order to not further damage the battery. Charging fast is inherently bad for the battery but is worst during the last 20% of the charging cycle where the battery's capacity to take a charge begins to drop off quickly. If you try to charge too fast at that stage of the charging cycle, you will overheat the battery and it will do massive damage to the battery.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
You simply have to visit each site understanding that EVERY article is simply one persons opinion. Just because it's posted on a well known site doesn't make their OPINION anymore factually or relevant than any other persons review, experience or personal take on a particular device.

S5 tap'n

Good luck getting the majority of the Internet to understand this. Gizmodo has one decent opinionist.

How many of them (not just Gizmodo) did a HUGE flip flop about screen size when Apple finally released real sized phones?