Gizmodo tryng to debunk the battery life

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So they are complaining about getting 27 hours on a charge after streaming music and using Google Maps several times. My LG G2 is dead at the end of the day with light use.

I guess they were expecting to get 48 hours with normal use. :rolleyes:

Droid Turbo Is Here, But About That Battery...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's freaking ridiculous. They make it very clear that it's 48 hours of mixed use but they don't specify 48 hours of continuous use on screen while streaming so it's total crap that they're trying to talk that here just to get readership. Not to mention that the phone is brand new and I wouldn't doubt there been some things that it's had to do to get itself all properly situated, the configurations filling in as caches and such, which all take place when you first activate the phone and through the first day.

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
I picked mine up today and it had 74% battery when I walked out of the store. I've downloaded about 20 apps, synced 1.1GB of data over the cloud, did Moto Migrate to download pictures, music, texts, etc from my old phone, had 3 phone calls for about 60 minutes total. It's been on battery for 11 hours now, total screen on time is 3.5 hours. Everything was done over data network (no wifi) I have 12% battery left. I'm impressed.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I picked mine up today and it had 74% battery when I walked out of the store. I've downloaded about 20 apps, synced 1.1GB of data over the cloud, did Moto Migrate to download pictures, music, texts, etc from my old phone, had 3 phone calls for about 60 minutes total. It's been on battery for 11 hours now, total screen on time is 3.5 hours. Everything was done over data network (no wifi) I have 12% battery left. I'm impressed.

Wow. My G2 is cooked after 2 hours of screen time these days, and that's from 100% on a standard HD screen.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Wow. My G2 is cooked after 2 hours of screen time these days, and that's from 100% on a standard HD screen.

My G2 was great at first. But battery life seemed to diminish over time. I'm guessing LG uses lesser quality cells in the G2. Nothing to this day has ever topped the battery life I got on my Razr Maxx. That thing was a beast.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, although my first gen Moto X had pretty good battery life at first, after 12 months of use it was much worse. 3.5 hours of screen-on would not happen in the best of circumstances, let alone under very heavy use and starting with only 3/4 of a full charge!

Sent from my Droid Turbo

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yep, this G2 isn't what it use to be.

on the move..

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Okay my dos pesos, picked mine up at 8:00, doing the obligatory migrate crap (no apps) downloading from the cloud etc. 53% to 19% in 3½ hours. No biggie. Full charge off a slooow charge, 100% to 95% in 2 hours (23 seconds of screen time) ouch. The neatest thing I found was there still is a thing call 1G. Living on the fringe. We'll see how it performs with 2 bars of 4G. RAZR, deja vu.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
It will take a few charge cycles for you to see normal battery usage. When things are fresh it takes time to settle in.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I know that, done the dance a few times. I'm shooting for on par with my ultra, 2 days 6.7 hours last time I checked. Weighted/skewed,

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
That's freaking ridiculous. They make it very clear that it's 48 hours of mixed use but they don't specify 48 hours of continuous use on screen while streaming so it's total crap that they're trying to talk that here just to get readership. Not to mention that the phone is brand new and I wouldn't doubt there been some things that it's had to do to get itself all properly situated the configurations filling in as cash is in such which all take place when you first activate the phone and through the first day you can never expect to get top performance out of the battery life.
Exactly, plus the phone/battery takes a good week to settle into its best battery life.