Gingerbread???

livetoskateaz

Reaction score
WHEN ARE WE GETTING IT??? HONESTLY??? WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET THIS FOR OUR D1,D2,Dpro,AND DROIDX???

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
...when we get it.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Tipsy

Reaction score
My guess would be late Q1, you know. In time for the release of the Atrix, Bionic, Thunderbolt, and etc.

The most pure Google phones will probably get them first (Nexus)... But Android has been good to us Droid X users in terms of how early we were able to get Froyo, and the fact that most phones shipped with Froyo. *crosses fingers, knocks on wood*

andjarnic

Reaction score
You can get it now on a Nexus S, and some of the tablets that are out.. think ViewSonic has one.

There are roms being worked on every day, so you can get "most" of the 2.3 features from a rom now..but from the forum posts I've been reading, they seem a bit buggy still. Lot of issues around the market not working, lots of apps not showing up, etc. So I am waiting for a bit until there is a pretty solid rom release to root my phone. As a D1 owner, I suspect that D1s will be one of the last phones to get the 2.3 update as more and more people are upgrading now that our original D1 contracts are just about up..and you can early upgrade too. A lot of people are upgrading right now.. I am waiting for the Bionic. That phone will be 4x faster than my D1, if not more.. so worth it to wait, and should be good for at least a year before anything much faster comes out. I am sure by end of year we'll see 1.5Ghz dual core setups, if not more, but I can't imagine any sort of quad-core phone coming anytime soon. Unless iPhone 5 is making a play to be better..and surprises everyone as the first quad-core. :D I still wouldn't get it though.

E2K

Reaction score
Gingerbread still doesn't use the powervr sgx 340 or higher, which is powering our droids. So the interface will still be choppy.
I don't want to buy a quadcore phone to get the same performance as my iphone from 2007

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gingerbread still doesn't use the powervr sgx 340 or higher, which is powering our droids. So the interface will still be choppy.
I don't want to buy a quadcore phone to get the same performance as my iphone from 2007

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

This made me laugh!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Um, question, if I may...

Don't you think that if even a RUMOR of Gingerbread for the X/2/etc were floating around that there'd be front-page news about it?