Gingerbread to ICS

mk0083

Reaction score
Hey all, I have had my Razr Maxx for about 6 months now, and its been pretty much a great phone so far for what I use it for. I am still running Gingerbread on it (probably one of the few people out there), whenever I get the 24 hour reminder to install the ICS I always click install later:p. The only complaints I have is that using the Google maps navigation takes forever to locate GPS, literally takes 5 minutes to lock on the GPS, and the keyboard acts goofy at times. I have read here and there since ICS was introduced for the Razr and Razr Maxx where peope experienced poor battery life and random problems after installing it, and that why I have always postponed installing it myself. The long battery life was one of the reasons I chose this phone to begin with.

Anyways, I am getting kind of tired of always being reminded of the update and figured I probably will need to update sooner or later anyways. To take adavatage of some apps, I have seen that 4.0 is a reguirement. Has the GPS improved with the ICS update for the Razr and Razr Maxx?

I know that with ICS, supposedly flash is not supported. I do watch Youtube vids on my phone, will this affect playback for me? Or is there a workaround or fix that needs to be done?

Is there any reason I should stay with Gingerbread (any of you all have regrets after going to ICS)? What is the best way to ensure that the upgrade to ICS goes as smoothy as possible? I have read about deleting the data cache, is this something that needs to be done and after the update? Thanks for the help

OP
M

mk0083

Reaction score
220 views an no real responses? Does ICS suck that bad? The only reason I am wanting to do it is becuase that JB doesn't seem to be that far away now, so natuarally I will need to be on ICS before I can go to JB. Anyone?

smmfc

Reaction score
I haven't had as many problems with ics as others have. For flash I just use chrome to browse online it seems to work good for videos and such. And a factory reset is recommended after the update. With jelly bean on the horizon if your happy you may want to hold off on updating that's up to you. I really can't complain to much about ics the battery lasts me all day on the og razr with moderate use on 4g but the comments on jelly bean is the battery is better.

smmfc

Reaction score
Just remember once you update there is no going back so if jelly bean is your only reason you may want to just wait till it's out ota to begin updates or even wait for reviews gb was good to me ics hasn't been bad but I'm one of the lucky few I guess

MightyT01

Reaction score
Flash works flawlessly with Boat Browser and ICS on my Maxx. IMO Boat Browser is far better than Chrome or stock browser.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk 2.