Gingerbread for D2G?

pjjameso

Reaction score
Yeah, thats why I was a bit confused re 2.3 as it looks like I have 2.4, but here is what I am showing

System Version 2.4.29.A956.Verizon.en.US
Model Number DROID2 Global
Android Version 2.2
Baseband Version N_01.4800R
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g700f0cf
Build Number VZW
ERI Version 6
PRL Version 52078

Ive only had this phone for about 3 weeks and its the Black D2G, rooted of course.

Any thoughts?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ah, Droid 2 Global! That actually has a bit more in common with the R2D2 than it does the regular D2. :)

You, sir, have no updates waiting for you at the moment. Potentially the next big update will be to Gingerbread.

leobg

Reaction score
Hopefully Motorola will release update to fix some issues like intermittent exchange email push rather soon
Gingerbread will be nice, but I don't see that for at least 6 to 9 months... if ever.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Hopefully Motorola will release update to fix some issues like intermittent exchange email push rather soon
Gingerbread will be nice, but I don't see that for at least 6 to 9 months... if ever.
Try 3-4. Honeycomb will be out by then and if today's flagship phones aren't shipshape before that happens then the pressure will be intense to get something other than a Verizon phone.

shagoyjo

Reaction score
My reasons for using a custom rom are increasing by the second. Where are you sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk