Ghost text message that will not completely delete

jeanaj

Reaction score
Hi All, Im new to the forum. A few days ago I was deleting my text messages, as I was deleting a thread that person text me. The message will still show up on my notifications at the top of my screen, but when I click it.. it says there isn't anything there. Also my message Icon will show that I have one message but when I click on that and go to my messages it will show that I have no messages. I have a droid charge. I have tried everything I can think of to get remove it but nothing is working. Any ideas?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi All, Im new to the forum. A few days ago I was deleting my text messages, as I was deleting a thread that person text me. The message will still show up on my notifications at the top of my screen, but when I click it.. it says there isn't anything there. Also my message Icon will show that I have one message but when I click on that and go to my messages it will show that I have no messages. I have a droid charge. I have tried everything I can think of to get remove it but nothing is working. Any ideas?

This will delete all your messages but go to settings -> applications and select all applications and select messaging then clear data.

OP
J

jeanaj

Reaction score
I have done that and there is nothing to clear. Yet the icon still shows one message and anytime I reboot my phone the one text shows up on my notifications. That is why Im calling it the ghost text... its there... but isn't! Im so frustrated!

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
If your rooted open a terminal and type this:

su
pm clear com.android.messaging