Getting wallpaper from my old Droid X

tahoemike00

Reaction score
Hello, I have my retired Droid X that iam getting ready to sell on ebay. The micro SD card has long been removed and used elsewhere. I want to do a factory reset but before I do, and I know this is kind of goofy, but I have a wallpaper image that has great sentimental value to me. It's the only image that I have.

I've tried file browsing using the file browser app, but can't find the file.

I am not rooted.

Any suggestions? (I am at a loss as to where the actual image file is located beings how there is no micro SD card installed)

Thanks all!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
possibly dcim or downloads, depending on how you put it on the phone originally.

OP
T

tahoemike00

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, when I go to the system tools file browser app, I only have 2 options: 1 is the sd card 2 is the shared folders. Neither option is viable. So how do I browse system memory?
(Hooking up the USB cable to my XP machine does not allow me to browser anything. It only shows the "M" motorola symbol icon and a physical drive letter in by file system, but not browse-able)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
it depends on how you put the file on the phone originally to determine where it is to get it.
unless you are rooted, you cant get it out of a system folder, if it happens to be there.
try downloading a normal file browser from the market (connect your phone to wifi if you have to, to get it), so you can look for the file.
again, im guessing its a pic you took, which would put it in the dcim folder, or you downloaded the image, which would put it in the downloads folder.
if you put it on there with your pc, then it could be anywhere on the internal storage, but not system because you cant browse there from a pc.