getting the most out of your Maxx

nerdalert

Reaction score
OK so my wife and I both got the Maxx and we have them pretty stock but I want to get more out of the phone. What do you guys do to get the most out of your phone? What apps do you have to have? I do not want to root it because I am not that tech saavy and I don't want any warranty trouble if needed. Thanks

cricketson007

Reaction score
Depends on how you want to use it. You want stock I suggest go launcher, go locker, go sms, and go contacts. There are so many ways to customize the look of your phone. They are in the market

Droid Razr MAXX

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I do agree that Go makes some awesome free apps. You forgot to mention go keyboard :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
nerdalert

nerdalert

Reaction score
I just want to be able to browse the internet and play some games.. but I want to see what I am missing by doing only that.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not rooting your phone does not affect that in the least. You will get the full enjoyment from it regardless! Rooting allows you to tinker with it a bit further. I rooted (after many months) solely with the purpose of removing bloatware.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think of rooting like buying a new car. Some people keep it stock and use it to get them from place to place. Others want to make their car more personal and add seat covers. Others install a kick-ass sound system and Recaro seats. Others add a Glasspack exhaust, change the computer chip to make the engine run hotter and change the wheels.

Although not entirely accurate, I tell people that the iPhone is like a car with the hood and wheel nuts welded so you have to go to the dealer to do anything other than putting in gas. :biggrin:

It's all up to you on what you do. Stock is fine if it meets your needs. Rooting allows you to customize it and gives you an option to either freeze bloatware or add apps that will only work if rooted.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I think of rooting like buying a new car. Some people keep it stock and use it to get them from place to place. Others want to make their car more personal and add seat covers. Others install a kick-ass sound system and Recaro seats. Others add a Glasspack exhaust, change the computer chip to make the engine run hotter and change the wheels.

It's all up to you on what you do. Stock is fine if it meets your needs. Rooting allows you to customize it and gives you an option to either freeze bloatware or add apps that will only work if rooted.

Good Analogy, I customize all my vehicles including my wifes lol. Everything else I own always get souped up in some form or another, I guess rooting was just in my blood lol.

+1 for Go Apps, they have a good selection of free and useful apps that work seperately if you choose also. Don't forget Amazon App of the Day for an occasional gem of an app!

cricketson007

Reaction score
The amazon app store is where I got my swiftkey x and my wave app. Awesome apps! I use the wave countless times a day! Top that off with the sliding app drawer on go launcher I only have a few widgets on my screen.

Droid Razr MAXX