Getting fascinate Tuesday!

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Ok both my husband and I are getting fascinates Tuesday. I have an Eros rooted with kaos froyo. Any tips or recommendations on what's good to do or what's popular to fiddle with :)

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Dj05 fix root is available for the phones. Verizon is sending the fix shortly and froyo is otw too. Other than that launcher pro and adw are favorites launchers and most commonly referred too. Lag fixes and most other rooting is available too. I myself haven't rooted and launcher pro paid version its doing great for me.

8pened!

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
Thats funny, I came from the exact same set-up hahah. Play with your phone, its the best way.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

IamGov

Reaction score
I would play with it stock until the new year for a few reasons.

1. LTE phones coming and you may want to switch

2. Froyo just about out and you don't want to exclude your update with a hacked kernel.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

Smartypants

Reaction score
What do you mean by switch? I got this phone 2 months ago.

IamGov

Reaction score
This is not an LTE phone. The start of this thread has not bought theirs yet.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Just got my fascinate last night....love it but need to customize it! I hate the little dots at the top of the screen...i hate how the facebook.app does post my updates to the news feed...just my profile wall. So used to things being a bit more to my liking. My husband hates swype so any help with that would be great because he misses spell check lol. I am sure I have a list but thats it for now. Advice?

IamGov

Reaction score
To get rid of swype just press and hold in any input box. A menu will appear. Select input method and the select Android keyboard.

As for your issues I suggests trying zeam launched or launcherpro. Both allow for a little more customization.

For Facebook updates try the market. There are some cool widgets that allow you to get the updates pretty quick.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
its not updates just when I post my updates it doesnt go to the news feed..just my profile...getting frustrated.

Rogue27

Reaction score
For the comment about LTE Phones dont hold ur breath. I work for verizon and if lte phones release in the beginning of the new year it wont be till late in the new year. Try march or april at the end of verizons first quarter. They may not even be out then. The fascinate is definately worth going with for now especially since 4g lte is only in 36 cities at the moment and wont be fully implemented in all locations till the end of 2013 just in time for this couple to upgrade and have another upgrade when lte is really ready and implemented in all markets.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Thanks for the info if you really do work for Verizon, I hear that Samsung has a new flagship phone with a dual core processor for ending of yhr first quarter and we're left in the dust for gingerbread.

8pened!

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
That wouldnt surprise me but im loving my Fascinate right now and can deal with until my year update comes. And I bet the Fascinate could run 2.3..