Getting a Droid X what do I need to know before activating

JMC98

Reaction score
I have used a Droid 1 since February 2010 just bought a Droid X what do I need to know before activating the X on my account?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have used a Droid 1 since February 2010 just bought a Droid X what do I need to know before activating the X on my account?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

It's larger then your Droid? :)

When you activate the phone and log into Google all your contacts will appear. Your paid apps will be in the Market, you will have to reinstall the free apps.

I'm not sure how big the X SD card is, the D2 was only 8gb. Make a copy on your computer of your Droids SD card. If the X SD card is smaller, then just put your Droids SD card on there. When you mount your X to your computer you can drag that copy of the SD card over to your X if you just want to use that SD card.

Bootloader is locked, if you're planning on rooting that will be done differently. I won't get into that now howevetr.

Hope that helps you out some.

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
The X's bootloader is locked. ROM manager is essentially useless. To install clockwork recovery you will need droidXbootstrapper app. That should start you off, you can do more research from there.

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue