gets warm

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
I just noticed, but the black horizontal part from where the camera to the google logo on
The back gets warm after a while when browsing the web and especially when I am on a 1X signal..

Anyone else having the same thing?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most of us just report having it get warm while charging. Are you charing it when this happens or is this a normal use problem?

jleachma

Reaction score
mine does the same thing while be used sometimes. I think it might have to do with bad reception when the phone has a 1x signal.

Cloppy

Reaction score
I have that problem too just during normal use. ive noticed it when browsing and downloadling from the market

kunak83

Reaction score
same problem here, But only when using the browser, not when charging.

forkup

Reaction score
Mine also gets rather warm when browsing for a long time.

Spr0ckEt

Reaction score
Its the same as being on a phone call for a while... have you never used a cell phone before? All phones get a little warmer when they are using data, with either 1x, or EVDO.

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
Its the same as being on a phone call for a while... have you never used a cell phone before? All phones get a little warmer when they are using data, with either 1x, or EVDO.

yeah coming from the blackberry tour, i could browse the web for an hour either in 1X or 3G, and it doesnt warm up the phone..

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
now this is weird, my phone is in the leather side pouch on my pocket and i could feel its warming up so i took it out and it is warm.. its like i used the browser for 20 minutes. i checked and apps were closed..

Big D

Reaction score
Yeah mine was very warm in my pocket @ a party last night. I pulled it out after about 3 hours (on a full charge) and it was dead. No Juice.

Weird.

ncdude

Reaction score
Your old cellphone doesn't double as a handwarmer? Droid does
:D

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
Yeah mine was very warm in my pocket @ a party last night. I pulled it out after about 3 hours (on a full charge) and it was dead. No Juice.

Weird.

that happened to me today as well.. i wonder if i should take it back or not.