Get a Google Inbox Invite Today but you have to act quick!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've been using Gmail 5.0 for a while now and can't tell anything different from the previous version. Am I missing something?
If you open Menu then tap the down arrow next to your G Mail name there is an option to Add Accounts. You can add POP accounts directly into the new G Mail app, and then setup custom Notifications, etc. for those accounts to keep things neat & tidy. I have both of our Hotmail accounts in there and my wife's Yahoo account that she doesn't really use. Now I can keep track of them all in one app. I like it a lot.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Does it show the selected accounts on one page ie thread multiple accounts together or do you have to switch back and forth between them to see each ones inbox?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Does it show the selected accounts on one page ie thread multiple accounts together or do you have to switch back and forth between them to see each ones inbox?

Not that I have seen...but I might be missing something. It looks like you have to switch to each Inbox to see those messages. Click your G Mail user name to go back to the G Mail Inbox, or click any of the other account icons to go to that Inbox. The letter in the icon is the first letter of the name you give the account. Here is an example of how it looks with multiple accounts:

Screenshot_2014-12-04-09-46-16.png

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have been using Inbox for 10 days now. I initially didn't care for it. I needed to get it setup and use it. Once i did it sorta grows on you.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ok so Gmail is the same as Inbox when it comes to showing emails from multiple accounts.

I like that they pulled in all of the other pop accounts although I don't use any. That seemed like something they were missing for a while.

Once I got the sorting squared away Inbox grew on me. The only thing that bothers me about Inbox is that new unread emails aren't displayed in bold like in Gmail.

I get multiple emails a day with the same headers and you can't tell the read ones from the unread ones.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
i have 5 invites also you can PM me also. What I don't understand about inbox they got rid of the delete button and it's not easy to delete the emails on inbox.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not that I have seen...but I might be missing something. It looks like you have to switch to each Inbox to see those messages. Click your G Mail user name to go back to the G Mail Inbox, or click any of the other account icons to go to that Inbox. The letter in the icon is the first letter of the name you give the account. Here is an example of how it looks with multiple accounts:

View attachment 73719

That's the way I see it as well. I was never really a fan of "combined inbox." Makes it a touch more difficult to know quickly which account an email was sent to. I have separate accounts for a reason and like them kept that way.

The thing that irks me about gmail though is the inability to use a group to send emails to. I have the same group set up in my Google account and natively on my phone. I have one pop account that I often have to forward emails to a group. With the "email" app, I can select that group from my contacts list. With gmail, it's physically impossible. So, I have ONE pop account setup in email and all the rest in gmail.

Kinda ridiculous that it's possible in one app, but not possible with a Google app, made by the same company that has the group setup in their system...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I don't like having to move them to the trash (Bin) either. It takes up to 30 days for them to be auto deleted from the trash can. It was nice though that they removed them from the search feature when you drop them in the bin. That was kind of aggravating.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, as someone else said, I don't like the "Mark as done" instead of delete. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to by moving them to the trash Ollie.

I know I've still got some emails archived somewhere from the week I spent trying inbox that should've just been deleted. Haha

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Also, as someone else said, I don't like the "Mark as done" instead of delete. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to by moving them to the trash Ollie.

I know I've still got some emails archived somewhere from the week I spent trying inbox that should've just been deleted. Haha

I don't mark anything done. I long press the email and send it to the bin.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't mark anything done. I long press the email and send it to the bin.

I started doing that eventually, but it was so hard to break the habit of tapping the trash icon up top, which was conveniently in a very similar place to the checkmark that marks them done. Bleh.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So many people are complaining about the omission of swipe to delete that they are sure to introduce it into Inbox. Their whole "kill the deleted email" option in Gmail previously made them bring it back. They were sneaky about it though in that you had to dig through menus to change it back from Archive to Delete.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So many people are complaining about the omission of swipe to delete that they are sure to introduce it into Inbox. Their whole "kill the deleted email" option in Gmail previously made them bring it back. They were sneaky about it though in that you had to dig through menus to change it back from Archive to Delete.

I remember that. First thing I did was go in an change it to delete every time.

The swipe to delete gets a little hairy with the slide out menu from the left side sometimes. Thank God for the "Undo" option when you swipe a little quick and don't quite get your finger all the way over to the edge of the screen...

Valvoline

Reaction score
sure, there's room for improvement, but i couldn't go back to regular Gmail. I do get a lot of junk mail, however, it is junkmail i wish to recieve becasue from time to time i need it. To have them all bunched together in one group is great. personal emails come right through and are prominently desplayed and never lost in the barrage of emails shown in Gmail. It grew on my fast and use it now exclusively. I use use a stand alone app for work email. no biggie