GDE is simply amazing...take a look.

RTracer

Reaction score
Can you easily switch from the GDE app to the OEM home screen if you are having any problems with the GDE?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you easily switch from the GDE app to the OEM home screen if you are having any problems with the GDE?

If you don't check the "Use by default for this action" you'll be offered a choice every time you press the Home button. That's what I've done, although I use GDE mainly. It's only one step and it gives me an option if necessary.

windstrings

Reaction score
Agreed, I'm loving the updates. It really is getting smoother and smoother :)

I find I like the stretch more than the cube!

Not to throw a monkey wrench .... DEV are you listening?

Now that GDE is about perfected........
Imagine a stretch type transition that did a digital disintegration where it pixilates and fades away and then re-integrates the new picture back as the next screen came?.. similar to how powerpoint does one of their transitions.

It would have to be pretty fast or it would be annoying.
A slider in the control panel to control the speed would be cool!

windstrings

Reaction score

If you don't check the "Use by default for this action" you'll be offered a choice every time you press the Home button. That's what I've done, although I use GDE mainly. It's only one step and it gives me an option if necessary.

I installed homeswitcher ..... an app that does nothing unless you need it... totally makes the process slick and easy to reverse or use as often or little as you like!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I installed homeswitcher ..... an app that does nothing unless you need it... totally makes the process slick and easy to reverse or use as often or little as you like!

One quick question. If GDE is my default and it becomes buggy, how to I get to Home Switcher?

windstrings

Reaction score
One quick question. If GDE is my default and it becomes buggy, how to I get to Home Switcher?

Home switcher is just an app.. you can make a shortcut to it or use the bar on GDE to access it or any way you would open any app.. once its open, it see's any home apps you have and asks you which one you want to use and it tells you which one you current have set as default and gives you the opportunity to change the default to any of the others you may have.

You can run as many home apps as you want and play between them all to see which you like.. or just let one sit till it gets updated to how you want it to work.

Its free.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Home switcher is just an app.. you can make a shortcut to it or use the bar on GDE to access it or any way you would open any app.. once its open, it see's any home apps you have and asks you which one you want to use and it tells you which one you current have set as default and gives you the opportunity to change the default to any of the others you may have.

You can run as many home apps as you want and play between them all to see which you like.. or just let one sit till it gets updated to how you want it to work.

Its free.

Yes, I see that and I've installed it.

My question is if I turn on my phone and slide my unlock and it hangs. Before it asked me what to use as a home page and I pressed GDE. But now if it's hanging because GDE is buggy, then how do I get to my default? It becomes like a "Unable to find Keyboard; press any key to continue" situation.

Granted GDE has worked great, but I was looking at a worse case scenario.

Last edited:

Pueo

Reaction score
Default gallery will not open for photo viewing GDE requires force close, have updated GDE 2x since OTA, any suggestions or just wait for dev to catch up?

windstrings

Reaction score
Default gallery will not open for photo viewing GDE requires force close, have updated GDE 2x since OTA, any suggestions or just wait for dev to catch up?

My gallery works just fine.. have you tried a complete reboot to make sure the sd card initialized ok and the gallery was able to update the pathways?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also had that problem with the gallery (with GDE, not the default Home) saying something like "No Application." All I did was put the Gallery icon into the trash and put it up again. Worked fine, then.

n0m0n

Reaction score
make sure the sd card initialized ok and the gallery was able to update the pathways?

Can you expand please.
I to have Gallery issues and I assume the SD card is initializing (not sure what to do if it isn't, or how to check).
And about update the pathway I'm totally at a lose with what that means or what to do.

Thanks

windstrings

Reaction score
Can you expand please.
I to have Gallery issues and I assume the SD card is initializing (not sure what to do if it isn't, or how to check).
And about update the pathway I'm totally at a lose with what that means or what to do.

Thanks

I think the previous poster may have nailed your problem.. I read your post wrong.

The new update gives a new gallery and that pathway is different to the app from the shortcut on the desktop. Just delete that shortcut and create a new one to the gallery.

----------
What I was originally thinking is that some people have problems upon first bootup as things are freshly initilized and a reboot "after the initial update" settles things in.

That second reboot is actually the first time the phone boots under the fresh configuration..... the first time, things were literally configuring.... thats why that first boot took so long.

Pueo

Reaction score
aaf709 - Thx for the tip, GDE and photo gallery are working sweet:icon_ banana:

RTracer

Reaction score
After I got the OTA update to 2.01, my gallery icon on my home screen would come up with :Application not available".
I trashed that icon, grabbed the one on my app screen and put er on the home. Opened just fine.
This is with the OEM home screen.
Something happened during the 2.01 update.
Try that

superglen99

Reaction score
I had the gallery issue too. easy fix, remove it from the home screen, then drag and drop the icon from the app menu and mine worked fine. the OTA update changes something in the gallery so it has to be re initialized. easy.