GB V6 tweak help

jchildress

Reaction score
Recently upgraded to gingerbread and immediately installed Liberty v6 and love it. Have had 0 problems so far.

That being said, I'd really like to make one minor tweak, the color of the icons in the status bar. I found new battery ones, but the 3g is yellow, clock white, etc. Is there an easy way to change these?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kilahimm

Reaction score
You can accomplish this with either Ninjamorph or Metamorph. Ninjamorph might be easier for you since it'll require less setup. You should look in /system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk for the files you want to replace. Make a backup before attempting any of this though, done improperly you'll end up in a bootloop, most likely at the spinning liberty logo. As a safety measure it wouldn't hurt to go to Settings->Liberty Settings->and check "Recovery Safe Mode" which will enable bootstrap at on each reboot. This will be helpful if you need to recover and you can disable it again once you'd achieved the desired modification.

OP
J

jchildress

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, downloaded ninja and found a guide in the forums. Will be trying out soonish. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums