GB mKe battery life way better?

Droid noob

Reaction score
Is it me or has the battery life gotten way sbetter after this update? I haven't changed a thing from a software standpoint to make it act better, but I'm going on 15 hours and still have 55% battery left!

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
They must have fixed some bugs because the stock email app killed my battery midmorning almost every day. Even on manual for some reason. Now after the ota update I'm pretty good for 3/4 of a day. I'm a very heavy user all day long though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

theacousticprophet

Reaction score
I can't really personally speak for froyo vs GB in terms of battery life because I just so happened to get my DInc2 on Monday, July 11th. I had it plugged in for around 9 hours and first powered it on about 9:00pm. It ran 2.2 for all of maybe 10 min before starting to DL the OTA.

Battery life so far is pretty impressive for an Android device. I did 2 full "charge--> run to dead--> charge" cycles the first 2 days I had the phone. This morning my phone had been off the charger for 25.5 hours and still had about 30% life left. That's with over 2 hours of phone talk, 3 emails syncing every 30 min, some web browsing, minimal gaming (angry birds & fruit slice) and the obligatory "I have a new device, I need to constantly play with it!!!" mindset. Talking took about 50% of that battery discharge (a fair amount was done via speaker phone, but the majority was with a wired headset) the display was about 30%.

I'm happy.

pointyhairedboss

Reaction score
Actually l have seen a very noticeable decrease in battery life since the update. I used to easily get thru a day, but now its been hard just to do that. My RAM usage went from 80mb to about 200mb, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

dr_cheah

Reaction score
Agreed, my battery life was good before, but on my first charge after updating, it looks like it's going to be even better.

evan2001

Reaction score
I did a factory reset and my battery got better.

:icon_eek:

ystava

Reaction score
The operative word being "way" I'd say "no".

My battery life has been better, but I've also changed the app killer to shoot stuff down whenever the screen times out.

inm8num2

Reaction score
My battery is definitely worse. Cell standby is draining at roughly twice the rate as with 2.2. I might have to factory reset - this is ridiculous.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Battery

So when i first got the phone it only lasted maybe 15 hours with light use (maybe it was all the installing and stuff that killed it but i still believe it was light use). But now after changing calling settings to cdma instead of global and uninstalling my system panel task killer app i had my phone on for i think it said 58 hours.. it was frigging crazy.

Just to get it to die i also had to turn everything on.. brightness on max. I also bumped charged it once but i doubt it would triple the battery life. I'll post back the next time it dies i just fully charged it again after it died.

Edited: forgot to mention that I just got my phone recently last week.

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
Mine has gotten better. At first I would go about 24-27 hrs. Now I routinely skip the initial overnight charge and I'm still at least with 40% left when I go to work, which is about 25 hrs since I unplugged. I have my email to push every 5 min or whatever is one of the shortest. That is two accounts. I also stream music to and fro work about 40 min each way and make a few calls each day. I will usually charge now in the afternnon to make sure I have enough during my trip back home

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Ok so my battery only lasted 25 hours today. Although I used it alot more than last time as well as I had to switch to 3g. And i kept playing with settings so my screen was on alot more. I also didn't bump charge this time seeing as how i don't want to harm my battery

HTCuser

Reaction score
Ya my battery is way better. I've been off the charger from about 11 in the morning. I had my screen brightness up to 50% and I had Google nav on for roughly 30 minutes and my screen was on for around 3 hours and I'm in between moderate to heavy user and I have been web browsing for around an hour. Right now I'm at 50%. I love gingerbread!!!!