GB 495 freezes and restarts HELP!

deathwhitch

Reaction score
Ok kind of a noob here but here goes

I was getting ready for the rooted 496 of GB and have my phone on 495 as of this morning. Ran fine all day then suddenly about an hour ago it froze. Had to do a battery pull and restart. After restart it loads into the OS, prepares SD card and appears to be back to normal but as soon as I unlock the screen BAM freeze again and the phone will reboot itself. This happens endlessly. I have D@ bootstrapper on it and can't remember how to boot into recovery with it (the stock way of home screen the search button does nothing) Will this issue be fixed when I flash 496 onto it (assuming I can get into bootstrapper) or do I need to SBF (which I am really trying to avoid) and then go to 496? Im on deodexed right now should I be on odexed? which is more stable. Or is nothing stable and should I give up my root control and go stock :(

OP
deathwhitch

deathwhitch

Reaction score
Whoa sorry for the typo i meant i am on 595 and going 596, whats my best option here

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally like .595. .596 and .595 are almost exactly the same...

Anyway, you will need to sbf, then install the 2 part rooted .596 files.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
deathwhitch

deathwhitch

Reaction score
I manged to get into recover and did a data wipe and then loaded the 596 zip. Still running a lil slow but working, debating on rather to sbf to froyo and then reinstall GB or work with this and see if it clears up