Gamestop Goes Full Throttle With Android Gaming

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gamestopandroidgaming.jpg

Gamestop has announced that they will be expanding their Android gaming market to over 1,600 stores nationwide. As handheld console sales dwindle and game makers are increasingly showing off tablet optimized games, it seems that Gamestop is now ready to take the plunge. The move comes after the company began testing the waters of Android gaming in a select 200 markets last October. Their hardware lineup has expanded as well and now includes Asus's Transformer OG and Prime, Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1, Acer's Iconia Tab A200 and A100, as well as Toshiba's Excite 10. The tablets will come pre-installed with a few apps and games including Sonic CD, Riptide, Kongregate Arcade, and a free digital issue of Game Informer. In terms of pricing retail is expected, but customers can trade in older hardware towards their purchase and in some cases, even get an added bonus credit for doing so. Android has grown into a thriving gaming platform and with companies like Gamestop fully supporting it, we should see it thrive even more. Let us know what you think.

Source: Phandroid

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wonder how many costumers actually think GameStop when they want to buy a tablet. For me it's a mix of Best Buy and Amazon.

This reminds me of the Zune. Remember how GameStop had this exclusive deal, and had those kiosks for it and stuff.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Unless they do some serious advertising, I don't think it's really going to help sales much. Tablets are really expensive anyway. But, we'll see. Could work out good. I used to be really big into portable gaming a couple years ago, but now I just don't do it/don't have the time. And when I do, I'd rather do it on my Xbox or Computer(getting Diablo III later today). I don't have one game on my Galaxy Nexus.. D:

swc2001

Reaction score
Heres the thing. They see the writng on the wall. These machines are capable of being better than any handheld platform out there. Even now if you know how to do it.... you can hook your phone to your Tv Via a mini HDMI cable and then Bluetooth a PS3 control to it. By doing so you can control your whole phone or tablet from your easy chair. This also allows you to play wicked awesome games such as Modern Combat 3 on a big screen or the portability of a phone or tablet. This will be the future of gaming. Sooo best to start now. Soon Kids will be clamoring for that new Tablet instead of a DS.

I think this will happen in less than 10 years.

Just my two cents.