Gameloft scaling back Android development

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Its sad sure, but I say whatever, really. Some Droid owners are hoping for a gaming platform where some other Droid owners are hoping for bad ass smartphone that works. I'll buy a PSP or Nintendo DS, or and iPod Touch if I want to play games.

OP
M

mchoffa

Reaction score
I'd rather have both :)

the more people developing for android and pushing it to be more robust and powerful, the better.. This is not the only article I have read about developers not being happy with the market...

personally I wish google did make some software to shop for apps on the computer so that I can read full reviews, see large screenshots, compare apps, sort them by price, rating, sales, etc... Google has got to do something like this (or better) to overtake what apple has done

sin vicious

Reaction score
Look, just make some compelling apps and people will buy it! These developers are using template after template.. and not being very creative! Capitalism works well my friend (even if Obama doesnt think so), if your product sucks you will have to scale back... When a worthy product is realesed people will buy it and developers will thrive and profit. Now lets just hope these developers dont seek bail out funds..

OP
M

mchoffa

Reaction score
of all the places, I never thought politics would be brought up here...

LordKastle

Reaction score
Propoganda. Stats don't lie. In the United States AT&T is the only carrier of iPhone. Android phones which have been underground and just now with the Droid have hit the mainstream. (Don't give me T-Mobile as an excuse. That's junk, no offense.)

If you keep in mind Verizon with the mega push of Droid and other new Android smart phones, Sprint, AT&T, and yes even T-Mobile...the potential for Android is far ahead of the one carrier of iPhone...in the United States anyway. As the Android platform grows, the need for games and more apps will continue to be needed.

It is called supply and demand. Developers have no choice but not to ignore the masses. If the masses want, then developers want the money.