Gallery problems with update

u7mg0

Reaction score
Installed the new update. Gallery icon on homepage looks different. touch it and says application not installed. if i go into all apps, the gallery button is there. should i delete the new gallery icon?

also, the new gallery does not have camera video as an option. where did they go? is there a better application out there for the gallery?

thx

Snagtooth

Reaction score
You not understanding it properly, I think. Spend some time playing with it and yes delete the icon and re-add it. The icon is a standard place holder for the old app which is now gone. You need to add the new app to your home screen and give it a moment to load when you fire it up the first time.

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
thx got it

the videos are all intermixed with the pictures. that is awful. i can't find just the videos. no way to sort by type?

dherbel1

Reaction score
You not understanding it properly, I think. Spend some time playing with it and yes delete the icon and re-add it. The icon is a standard place holder for the old app which is now gone. You need to add the new app to your home screen and give it a moment to load when you fire it up the first time.

deleting the old gallery icon is definitely the answer... It solved my problem.

crf69

Reaction score
i ran into this yesterday also......trashed the existing one and dragged up the one with a mountain sunnset......problem solved still wierd tho

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
Still have movies mixed in with 100's of picsso hard to find them. all they have is a TINY arrow on them. i can't beleive no one else doesn't think this is an issue

Absent

Reaction score
I just did the update as well. It was taking too long so I just let it start reading photos and left it. After an hour it was fine. New gallery is great. Smooth and more user friendly though I agree that the videos being mixed in is lame. I'm sure theres a way to organize them, searching...

mikehal38

Reaction score
I've been searching for a way to organize the gallery also with no luck. The only solution I have found is to cut and paste my videos with astro into a video folder I created. If you have any luck please let us know.

satalac

Reaction score
All of my videos are in their own group in the gallery.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I just did the update as well. It was taking too long so I just let it start reading photos and left it. After an hour it was fine. New gallery is great. Smooth and more user friendly though I agree that the videos being mixed in is lame. I'm sure theres a way to organize them, searching...

I've not run into this issue, however as an easy fix, mount the device to your computer, then create folders in /sdcard called Pictures and Video, then separate them accordingly.

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
All of my videos are in their own group in the gallery.
how did you accomplish this? we should not have to mount our phone to a PC to organize our pics and videos. it was better before even if it wasn't as fancy looking

CAROLINAGIRL

Reaction score
I like the new gallery. All my pictures/videos are in seperate files. The only issue I have, is I can't find the slideshow settings. Wasn't there an option before where we could change the slideshow settings? I can't find one now. :(

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
do mean in separate folders? how did you do that? they are all lumped together on most of ours

CAROLINAGIRL

Reaction score
They were already grouped when I opened it up. My folders: Camera, downloads, Pictures, Video…then I have several folders for different pictures I’ve taken or downloaded from apps: SpySnapshot, ewallpapers, 3d wallpapers, backgrounds, and wallpapers.

I didn’t group anything…wouldn’t even know how to, although, a post I read earlier did give me an idea…I’m going to try re-arranging them via my computer by mounting my phone with the USB cable.

rsudds

Reaction score
subfolders and videos

Does it load faster with more subfolders? I also have a problem with all of my videos; the sound is out of sync and I get the "can't play this file" pop up even though the video continues to play in the background.