Gallery Picture as Wallpaper?

VandyDroid

Reaction score
I have searched several times for help with making a gallery (personal) picture my wallpaper but I cannot find one. Can someone help me with this? I have tried several times to make a personal picture from my gallery my wallpaper but it enlarges the picture when it places it as the wallpaper and the picture is distorted! Is there a trick I am missing?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It probably has to do with the dimensions of the picture and the fact that it has to cover 7 screens. Is it getting distorted like stretched?

tappin and a talkin

OP
V

VandyDroid

Reaction score
Yes....can you help me? I don't understand why it "stretches" the picture.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok how are you doing it. Like do you do it from the gallery or from the home screen?

tappin and a talkin

OP
V

VandyDroid

Reaction score
No, no crop option....should there be? Sorry for so many questions. I think I will take it by the Verizon store tomorrow...they are not very nice at times in the store here where I live, but I am desperate. :(

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No worries. I guess you could take it to Verizon but I doubt they'll do anything for you. When you choose to set an image as a wallpaper you should get to a screen where you crop the image to make it the right size/dimensions for a wallpaper. Hope they can get it worked out for you.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP, when did you get your phone?

DroidForums junkie!!

Reaction score
If you're using a custom launcher there are some that have an option to not stretch the wallpaper. Looks like launcher pro has an option to disable scrolling wallpaper, maybe that would center it rather than stretch it.

aefcb573-9425-52c7.jpg

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."