gallery not working

mumfrey

Reaction score
so all the sudden i'm not able to open the gallery to view my pics/vids. i hit gallery and it looks like its gonna bring up my pics/vids page (camera roll, etc.) but then just goes right back to the screen with the gallery icon. i can view my pics i took with my phone by opening the camera app and selecting them from there but this wont let me see the pics that i've added that i've saved from others sent to me via txt or email. in other words i cant get gallery to open to see 'all photos'. i've rebooted, battery pull and sd card reseated numerous times without success. any ideas? i'm running stock 2.2. thx.

Sent from my DROIDX

pool_shark

Reaction score
There are countless threads about this.

Menu - settings - applications - manage applications - all, find media storage, clear data, reboot.

cwiams

Reaction score
Will clearing data cause all of my pics to be deleted? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
Will clearing data cause all of my pics to be deleted? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

No, it just makes the OS forget what it knows about your current media, including contact ringtones, playlists, and notifications.

Once you reboot and go into the gallery, it will rebuild the database, but you will have to reassign your ringtones and notifications.

Sbeck

Reaction score
I had the same problem a month or so ago and clearing the data didn't fix it. I copied everything from my sd card to the pc and then formatted the card. Once formatted, I copied everything back and it worked perfectly

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

pool_shark

Reaction score
I had the same problem a month or so ago and clearing the data didn't fix it. I copied everything from my sd card to the pc and then formatted the card. Once formatted, I copied everything back and it worked perfectly

Really? It works for me every time. Are you sure you cleared the data in media storage and not the gallery?

Sbeck

Reaction score
I tried clearing both. I tried everything. I was following all the tips from this forum but nothing worked. Formatting the card worked for me.