"Gallery" Management Help!

jbomar

Reaction score
I need help with managing my photo Gallery; currently I have (2) folders, "Camera" and "Download". Is there a way to add additional folders and move pictures around within these folders? HAWT girl friend pics really shouldn't be lumped in with family friendly stuff!!

Thanks!

dclutter1

Reaction score
Use an on phone file manager or mount it to your pc and make all the folders you want. Gallery will scan and load pictures from wherever they're stored.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Use an on phone file manager or mount it to your pc and make all the folders you want. Gallery will scan and load pictures from wherever they're stored.

Yep. I have several folders with pictures/videos categorized. It makes life so much easier.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Just mount to your PC and make as many files as you need and move the photos into them. I go through my phone one a week and organize my pics deleting the ones I no longer need and moving some to the PC that I need to keep but don't need access to them on the phone.

schollianmj

Reaction score
ok, on the root of my SD I have a folder Music. in this I have probably 50 folders with music albums and the respective artwork... when i open the gallery ALL my music folders are there with the album artwork.... how do I avoid this? I tried renaming the folder to .music but that didnt help... all the internal folders still showed...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To hide a folder from the gallery....

create a file (txt document works) on your pc named .nomedia

place that file into ANY folder you do not want to show up in the gallery.

schollianmj

Reaction score
yea, bujt that wont work in children folders willit... meaning I have to put that in each folder in my music collection... Thanks for the quick answer, but I think I will just deal with it.... :)

Reaction score

I've tried this with several kinds of files named .nomedia and it doesn't work. I had a thread on here about this and everyone kept telling me that I was doing it wrong. I'm slow when I'm drunk but not that slow...lol...dancedroid:icon_ banana:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

Does that prevent files from being found by music apps though?

yea, bujt that wont work in children folders willit... meaning I have to put that in each folder in my music collection... Thanks for the quick answer, but I think I will just deal with it.... :)
Nope. I have a .nomedia file in a folder and everything in the subfolders is hidden from the Gallery as well.

I've tried this with several kinds of files named .nomedia and it doesn't work. I had a thread on here about this and everyone kept telling me that I was doing it wrong. I'm slow when I'm drunk but not that slow...lol...
Works fine here. Works for others. I'd still assert that yer doin' it wrong. Or something's wrong with your device.

Last edited:

Synr

Reaction score
Astro

I used Astro to find an existing .nomedia file and then copied and pasted where they were necessary.

dixxee

Reaction score
Windows 7 will not allow the file to be saved without a file name. Windows Vista will. We had to create the file on my husband's Windows Vista machine and then load it on our DROID X. Making sure the .txt was no longer the file extension so it shows on your system as a .nomedia file.

Last edited:

SmeagolGollum

Reaction score

Does that prevent files from being found by music apps though?

Yes. On my HTC Desire, music players couldn't find music anymore in my music folder. And I searched a lot before finding .nomedia was the culprit!