Gallery black screen issue, pictures and videos won't load..

vadz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got my l9300 device for like half year and this issue suddenly occured on my device.

Whenever I open the gallery, it shows black background without any image (headers are loaded).

Pictures and videos are stored at 'storage/sdcard0/DCIM/.thumbnail', and 'storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera', and I can still open them from 'My Files'.
But, i want to browse them via Gallery, not any other apps.

What I've tried:
- Clear app data and cache or force stop it.
After i run the gallery, the data and cache are regenerated back normally.
- Removing SD card, and run the gallery, but still no lucks.
- Take battery, sim card and sd card off for more than 10mins (i saw this on other forum, idk y it had it but worth a try).
- Reset all apps default setting.
After that, all apps are updating and i managed to update them all. And i turn the automatic update back off.
- Free more space both in sd card (6gb+ free spc) and device (3gb+ free spc).
- Turn off instant uploads and all backup settings.

Has anyone experienced this before? Up til now i still got no lucks.. please help :(

OP
V

vadz

Reaction score
Alright, i found out the issue.
So it seems like in 'extSdCard/DCIM/Camera' folder contains a folder named '..0', images and videos.

This folder behaves like bugs, it returns the parent folder, which is 'extSdCard/DCIM/Camera'. And its looping infinitely, cant be renamed or deleted. If i tried to copy it, error 'file name too large' came up.

So, backing up all images and videos in that folder and formatted it seem like the simplest way to fix this thing up.

Last edited: