Gallery app crashes when launched

xmguy

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is a known issue or not. When I launch the Gallery app it pops up for a half second to say camera and then goes to the home screen. Rebooted nothing works. Ideas?

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Anyone? It doesn't FC. it will launch say camera roll then exit out to the home screen. I CAN access my pictures via the camera app. But not via the gallery. Im really concerned.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

timrock

Reaction score
You have to reformat your card. Transfer the contents to your pc, format the card, them transfer back. Theres a similar thread already on here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Thanks. It was a damaged file on the card. I defragged and ran a disk check on the card. Fixed it right up.

jdawgnoonan

Reaction score
i have had this issue to and have a question....

Is this issue unique to mac users? I have a lot of friends who use the x, but I am the only one who has this issue. I also am the only one who uses a mac. Just curious if others who have this issue are using a mac as well?

pool_shark

Reaction score
You do not have to format the card, just go to manage applications, find media gallery, and clear the data.

Understand though that you will also have to reset your assigned ringtones for your contacts, your notification tones, and your playlists.

alana

Reaction score
Can someone help me transfer photos from my Droid X to my desktop to be transferred to my Droid Thunderbolt?

pool_shark

Reaction score
Connect your X to your PC with the USB cable, then menu - notifications, change to USB mass storage, your X will show on your PC as a flash drive. Copy your pics to your PC, then connect your TB and do the same thing to put them there.