Galaxy Tab already Rooted

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes folks it is already rooted. :icon_ banana:

I used this one click app from the Market. Just search for "Z4ROOT". I picked up mine form T-Mobile today and this worked perfectly. You will need to enable USB Debugging first though.

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Awesome - I am picking mine up tomorrow from VZW...

How do ya like it?

OP
specmac

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying it. Just trying to get it all setup the way I like. The T-mobile wasn't too bad about bloatware. I really like the size. I had the use of a buddies iPad for about a week. The iPad is nice, but just too big to carry around with you. The Galaxy is big enough to be just as usable, but small enough to still truly be a mobile device. The Camera takes very nice pictures.

Couple of little tips. Use a pinch jester on any of the home screens and it will take you to a card view of all of your home screens. Also you'll want to grab Tango from the market if you want to video conference with people that are on different devices.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks for the tip on Tango...full market right - and did you use the same gMail account that you have on your X?

OP
specmac

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, same gmail account and full market. I was surprised to see all my paid apps were also available to download. Guess the apps are tied to your account and not the device.

It's funny, the DroidX seemed huge when I got it. Now seems small after using the Samsung tablet all day.

Reaction score
I want to get one, and would prefer Verizon, but even if my boss gives it to me at his cost its going to be over 600.

I think I might have to just easier til next year and a wifi only version for less.

The TMo one is tempting, since I get a discount from my other job and could just tether to my X if I need to, but 24X30+400 isn't worth it.

Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks for the info specmac...

@ stealthgriffin - I hear ya on cost & decisions...

HalfMoon

Reaction score
Any links to how you got the Market on the Tab? I'm thinking about getting one and haven't seen anything solid about adding the Market app yet.

Thanks.

OP
specmac

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Market app is pre-installed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using DroidForums App

mach330

Reaction score
has anyone tether the tab with any droid phone? i heard you can't. please say it aint so. i think i want to go with the sprint one since it's white on the back. but if i can't tether with my inc, i'll go with ipad.

HalfMoon

Reaction score
has anyone tether the tab with any droid phone? i heard you can't. please say it aint so. i think i want to go with the sprint one since it's white on the back. but if i can't tether with my inc, i'll go with ipad.

Stock, Android won't connect to an adhoc network, so most of the wireless tether apps won't work. However, I am connected to my Droid X right now using the Verizon 3G Hotspot app and it works fine. There are also hacks to turn on that app for free, but is a violation of your Verizon TOS, FWIW.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm shocked that its already rooted.
I was at verizon yesterday to look at the new devices that released that morning, and i really liked the Galaxy Tab. I would pick up one but price is a big issue for me seeing as i just upgraded to a Droid X. I like the fact that your not held to a contract but at the same time i would also like it to be subsidized. I hope they fixed the problem for sales, Verizon's system would not let them sell the device yesterday morning, some sort to glitch.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Not shocked at all!!

Great job. Now can someone port this over to the IPad?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Rooted mine yesterday with the Z4Root app from the market as well...worked well, and already took my first screenshot :)...LOL