Galaxy S6: An Orphaned Device?

Amagine

Reaction score
Multiple sources are reporting that the Samsung Galaxy S5 is now being tested for Android Marshmallow 6.0 in several markets. US carriers have already leaked testing the S5 as well. However, release to the general public for the Galaxy S6 has remained slow if not halted.
With the S5 sharing more of a design similarity to the S7 rather than the S6, could we be seeing Samsung's first basically orphaned flagship phone? If so, why not release the unlock codes and let the aftermarket support it?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can add att note 5 to your list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I noticed that too. How does the older device get the update first? Granted, T-Mobile (I think?) has pushed M to it's S6s but I don't think any other carriers have followed suit. I certainly would have expected Verizon to be last on that list.

I guess we'll truly see what actually pans out. Sure, the sources can say now that the S5 is getting it soon, but what factual data do they have, and we all know how the manufacturers can reverse course. Wasn't M supposed to hit devices much earlier initially??

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I noticed that too. How does the older device get the update first? Granted, T-Mobile (I think?) has pushed M to it's S6s but I don't think any other carriers have followed suit. I certainly would have expected Verizon to be last on that list.

I guess we'll truly see what actually pans out. Sure, the sources can say now that the S5 is getting it soon, but what factual data do they have, and we all know how the manufacturers can reverse course. Wasn't M supposed to hit devices much earlier initially??
Sprint S6 has received M also.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk