Galaxy S3 stains on bright background. Should I open it up and try to clean it?

shadowmere1

Reaction score
Hello.
So I dropped my Samsung Galaxy SIII and the glass cracked (not the display tho), and I got to repair it. When I got him back, there was a little stain, but barely noticeable. After that, a friend dropped my phone and the glass part separated from the phone, but we could put it back. So my phone works perfectly, except now there are more stains that are visible on white or bright backgrounds (see attachments). After a while, this really started to annoy me so I tried something. I discovered that I can separate the glass from the phone. It seems risky, so before I do anything, I want to post it here.What do you guys think? Should I do it, and if I do, what then? Should i clean the display with something, blow on the display or what?

View attachment 63875View attachment 63876 View attachment 63877

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Was it repaired by Samsung or a 3rd party. (I would complain). With that said it's possible there is moisture behind the glass. Try storing your S3 in a sealed bag of uncooked rice for a day to see if it changed the spots.

OP
S

shadowmere1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Was it repaired by Samsung or a 3rd party. (I would complain). With that said it's possible there is moisture behind the glass. Try storing your S3 in a sealed bag of uncooked rice for a day to see if it changed the spots.

It was repaired by 3rd party. And when I separated the screen a bit, i saw some sticky stuff in there, I don't know if that is what you meant. I will do the rice thing as soon as I can and update the situation. Oh and I added some images.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It was repaired by 3rd party. And when I separated the screen a bit, i saw some sticky stuff in there, I don't know if that is what you meant. I will do the rice thing as soon as I can and update the situation. Oh and I added some images.

Actually I was thinking that moisture may have gotten through the seal during or after the repair but now it sounds more like it was a poor repair. Can you get it back to the company that did the work?

OP
S

shadowmere1

Reaction score
Actually I was thinking that moisture may have gotten through the seal during or after the repair but now it sounds more like it was a poor repair. Can you get it back to the company that did the work?
Unfortunately, they do not have warranty. I would need to pay 100 $ again for that. And I have no intention of doing that. I can open it fully and clean the display or the inner side of the glass with a cloth, but I do not know if I will break it.