Galaxy S III launch in China could move up to April says Samsung China President

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung_Galaxy_S_III.jpg

The above is a concept render, and may not be indicative of the final product.​

According to several reports out of Korean news agencies, Samsung's President of Operations in China, Kim Young-Ha, has been quoted saying that the Galaxy S III could see its launch date moved up from May to April in China. Even though it may be a bit before Europe and the U.S. see the phone released, this is still good news because it means that they have probably almost finished the device.

Kim Young-Ha made these statements while speaking to the Beijing press about Samsung's broader strategy in China. He indicated that Samsung's plans will become more aggressive to pursue an even greater market share. It seems that Samsung wants to solidify their already massive lead in the Chinese market over the iPhone and everyone else. This make a lot of sense in China where the smartphone market is still young and growing rapidly.

Obviously in the over-saturated market of the U.S., this strategy would be a waste as we have seen with Motorola. More than likely, Samsung will wait a while to bring it to the United States. How long do you think it will take to bring the SGS3 to the States?

Source: The Verge

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
hopefully it'll come in april to the us anyway...im itching for an upgrade and i wouldnt mind at least trying out this phone...as of right now im about 90% sure im going to get the nexus...the other 5% is the rezound and the last 5% goes to any new phone that might be coming out in the next month (including the galaxy s III)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm betting holiday time. Honestly, we're going to get screwed on the phone not being on Verizon and not coming out any time soon.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I haven't been following this too much, at the moment is AT&T the only was scheduled to receive it?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think there has been any confirmed information on which carriers will get this device just yet. I don't think that VZW will pass on this one. The only reason they didn't take the SGS2 was because they got the first dibs on the G-Nex. I am going to stick my neck out on a limb here and prognosticate that Europe will see the SGS3 sometime in the summer, maybe a month or two after China, then the U.S. will get it in the fall, a month or two after that.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I don't think there has been any confirmed information on which carriers will get this device just yet. I don't think that VZW will pass on this one. The only reason they didn't take the SGS2 was because they got the first dibs on the G-Nex. I am going to stick my neck out on a limb here and prognosticate that Europe will see the SGS3 sometime in the summer, maybe a month or two after China, then the U.S. will get it in the fall, a month or two after that.
If you're correct, it will come out on Verizon just in time for my upgrade this fall!

champaned_out

Reaction score
i thought i heard something like the quad cores and LTE chips wont play nice with each other... if so doesnt that mean it may not come to verizon for awhile... if not at all if they cant fix the problem

geoff5093

Reaction score
i thought i heard something like the quad cores and LTE chips wont play nice with each other... if so doesnt that mean it may not come to verizon for awhile... if not at all if they cant fix the problem
I would hope not, seeing as how AT&T is also going with LTE.