Galaxy S 5, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I was anxiously awaiting the GS6 but now that I've learned there's no removable battery and no additional card storage; that's a deal breaker for me. I might just go for the GS5. *sigh* what a bummer. What were they thinking??

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
How much storage do you use?

s.k

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900H
I've had my phone for two months now running Lollipop. Swapped from my first ever smartphone the iPhone 4s. The only thing driving me completely nuts is the inability to silence the phone without unlocking it. I mean, come on! REALLY?!?!?!?!

s.k

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900H
The screen doesn't pull down. No widgets in lock screen on Lollipop.

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
uploadfromtaptalk1433469614087.png

Pull down from top with a finger.

s.k

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900H
Are you running Kit Kat or Lollipop?

s.k

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-G900H
It doesn't work for me. Got the solution? I have to have password protection on my phone due to work e-mail, and this is driving me nuts

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, that's odd. You should simply be able to hit the volume down button and that will silence the device when a call comes through. Did you happen to do a factory reset after taking the Lollipop update?

S5 tap'n

BigBrownLog

Reaction score
OK I got my S5 rite around the time it came out. I was the best phone I've had yet. Until I was so anxious to get the latest OS update so I updated it and it ate the battery like a vampire. One contributing factor is that it changed all the backgrounds to white and we all know a white background uses more power and I was unable to change it to anything else. It was also laggy so I called 3 different times in one month to report issues, took it into the store, and demanded they replace it with one that still had Kitkat 4.4.4 on it. They sent me a replacement with 4.4.4 on it.

I have declined the update to lollipop everyday since I got the replacement. Does anyone know if they have fixed lollipop so I can just update and stop declining the update?

Just so you are all aware. If you have Verizon and have the warranty/protection added to your plan, you can call support 3 times in one month about crashes, lagging, etc.. and they will replace your phone. If they don't have any of that model left, they will replace it with the newest model. Thats how I got the S5. Me and a buddy were talking to these girls at the bar and she clued me into this. I asked how much she paid for her phone and she said she get a free phone every couple of years. I said BS then she explained it to me.

comment edited by forum moderator for language

bawldiggle

Reaction score
At the end of my first day with S5 ...
vastly better access than my dead S2
virtual keyboard a great improvement (over S2) ... anything would have been an improvement
the fingerprint thing ... I hope it is OFF by default, otherwise I am in trouble :eek:
camera ... looking a bit dodgy, slow to respond, not great for action shots, like wife sitting in a chair :rolleyes:
Google nags, they want to get their hooks into my "habits" ... no wonder I use Linux ;)

I use the S5 for calls and text, nothing else