Galaxy Note II ROM Jelly Bean's Has Been Updated To Build 9!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

35icghc-300x267.png

One of the cleanest and most stable Roms around for the Galaxy Note II just received an update to Build 9! Developer "Beanstown106's" Jelly Bean builds have been some of the most popular roms for the Note II. People who buy a massive phone like the Note II really want to take advantage of the huge screen with and actually make great use of the Spen and multiwindow functionality. If you are like me and your hands are not alien size then you probably got some pretty good use out of the one handed functionality that is built in to touchwiz. While AOSP builds bring us the latest version of stock Android they also eliminate some of the very features that were appealing to us in our phone in the first place. Jelly Bean's Builds are kind of the perfect solution since they are built on the latest official touchwiz builds and include as much or as little of touchwiz as you choose.

The Aroma Installer feature allows you to select which Google apps you want to keep, which touchwiz apps you want to keep, which kernel you would like to use, the launcher you prefer, the keyboard you like, and many other custom options like battery style, toggles, sounds, clock mods and more. The latest version has been themed to look less like touchwiz and more like Jelly Bean. Som mods are included like all apps in multiwindow, Verizon Mobile Hotspot enabled, Removed annoying wifi and gps notifications, call recording and more.

This is one of my favorite GN2 Roms. Grab it here Via XDA

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Definitely running well!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
There are a few AOSP roms out now also. I'm a bit limited as I cant stand the stock TW look!

I'm having trouble myself as I've grown accustomed to the Motorola look I hate tw and hate sense even more

Sent from my sickeningly sweet RAZR MAXX.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm having trouble myself as I've grown accustomed to the Motorola look I hate tw and hate sense even more

Sent from my sickeningly sweet RAZR MAXX.

I didn't mind the Moto skin and I really liked the AOSP on the Nexus. With Bean's my N2 looks exactly like my stock Nexus did. Score!! :happy3:

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go with Bean's ROM and the Nova launcher (or any other launcher you prefer). You'll get to keep the S-Pen apps which really are impressive. The calendar alone with the S-Pen is worth the GN2 IMO.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I agree.. Beans is solid.. Eclipse is really my UI taste.. Blacked Out apps just like the Gnex.. :D

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

dragoonmaster1781

Reaction score
I've tried several roms and this is the only one that works. CM 10.1 camera didn't work, bluetooth would shut off, or phone would get really hot.

Rosemont

Reaction score
Jelly Beans Notification Opacity

Do you know if the Jelly Beans ROM can set the Notification Opacity? I.E. Liquid's ROM on my Bionic has Settings> Interface>Status Bar>Advanced>Notivication Opacity. 55% is default. I wan the opacity to be 100%. Is this possible? I want to run Jelly Beans on my Note 2 but if I can't change opacity I may just go to Liquids or another Rom. I wanted to use the Jelly Beans rom since is uses TouchWiz.