Galaxy Note 3 Specs Confirmed; 5.7" Display, Snapdragon 800, Android 4.3 & 3 GB RAM

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-iii-fan-render.jpeg

Supposedly, the final specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note III have been fully confirmed. According to the most recent intel, the device will come with the following internals:
  • 5.7-inch Full HD Display (whether it is the new Flexible AMOLED or not is still unconfirmed)
  • Snapdragon 800 (although we suspect we will see some region specific versions sporting the newer Exynos 5 Octa-Core refresh)
  • 3GB RAM
  • Android 4.3
One interesting thing that came along with this report is that originally the display was scheduled to be a 5.99-inch, but because of weak response to the Galaxy Mega, Samsung decided to back it down a notch. It seems like they found their phablet "sweet spot" of 5.7-inches.

Source: TalkAndroid

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Woot! Let's get this thing on the shelves for the consumers ;)!

bigdad63

Reaction score
I'm so disappointed that it looks like there won't be front facing speakers. Only after listening to the HTC One and Nexus 10 did I realize how crappy rear speakers are. I consume a lot of media and my job dictates that I don't use any sort of headset. I also have to keep the volume low, so back speakers just don't cut it. I'm fairly shocked that all manufacturers haven't adopted this change. Hopefully the HTC max will bail me out.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is what I was hoping for! I'll be buying on now!

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This phone is going to be an absolute beast with the processor and 3gb of memory

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I want to see a size comparison to Note 2.

_33

Reaction score
Seems I need a new line for my new job. They will cover $100.00 a month for me and I can pick whatever phone and provider I want. This will make the switch from VZW to T-Mo and easy one.

This is my next phone!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to check one out, especially since it might satiate my desire for a tablet for extended reading.

But I'm holding out for a device with 4gigs of ram. Why? Because I think in a year or two that will be the requirement for some sort of dual-boot (and so if you dual boot Windows, really you need 4gigs of ram).

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I'm tempted to check one out, especially since it might satiate my desire for a tablet for extended reading.

But I'm holding out for a device with 4gigs of ram. Why? Because I think in a year or two that will be the requirement for some sort of dual-boot (and so if you dual boot Windows, really you need 4gigs of ram).

In that time, it would be upgrade time.

Dont hold out for things that arent going to happen for another year. Also it depends on how much you like HTC. They are the firsters(check the history of anything, The rezound you have is the first device with a 720p screen, DNA is the first device with a 1080p....ect....). They will be the first to have a device with 4gb of ram.

Whoa....I just realized this....Samsung is the first to come out with a Octacore device *mind is blown*

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Dont hold out for things that arent going to happen for another year

Why not? If I have everything I need, why wouldn't I demand much more?

I appreciate people that chase technology. But, practically speaking, I do not applaud flushing your money down the toilet.