Galaxy Nexus tethering app after rooting

soulshot96

Reaction score
what can you tether the one from the market to? A Xoom? A iPod?

Sent from my galaxy nex...oh wait I haven't got it yet ;/

soulshot96

Reaction score
I just don't have 10 bucks... does the 10 free bucks from Google wallet work?

Sent from my galaxy nex...oh wait I haven't got it yet ;/

oddllama

Reaction score
I suppose as long as it is associated with your account in the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mwahlquist

Reaction score
Why give money to devs when you won't give money to Verizon for the service they offer? Just steal everything if you're going to steal. No sense in only having some integrity and being a hypocrite.

The money they request for this feature is actually illegal and a formal complaint has already been filed with the FCC. As long as you are tethering in 4G mode, it is Verizon that is breaking the law by attempting to limit your usage, either in constraining your end devices or applications. Verizon signed a contract with the FCC when they purchased the usage of this bandwidth that they are breaking by not allowing tethering.

Free Press complaint to FCC--Verizon and C Block

sb1831

Reaction score
The money they request for this feature is actually illegal and a formal complaint has already been filed with the FCC. As long as you are tethering in 4G mode, it is Verizon that is breaking the law by attempting to limit your usage, either in constraining your end devices or applications. Verizon signed a contract with the FCC when they purchased the usage of this bandwidth that they are breaking by not allowing tethering.

Free Press complaint to FCC--Verizon and C Block

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Free Press argument is weak and will be shot down. The first stipulation of the agreements stipulates that providers won't block lawful content from devices. Theft of service does not constitute lawful content. [/FONT](3) consumers are entitled to connect their choice of legal devices that do not harm the network; Verizon can easily argue that someone using LTE as an ISP is detrimental to their network.

The Free Press argument has no grounds.

mwahlquist

Reaction score
sb1831,
This will be my last posting on this issue, as it is not my intention to sit and argue this point back and forth. However, I do want to point out that the FCC's rules when auctioning this bandwidth are very clear in intention. I have worked in the signals field prior to getting into digital forensics and have dealt with them directly in the past... they are the top dog when it comes to these things. The free press complaint isn't a stretch for a case they are trying to make to the FCC. They are pointing out a clear violation of what the FCC was directly intending to avoid... originally.

The FCC has, however, been weak in enforcement of this... and although Verizon is clearly NOT preventing our tethering (which it easily can do), they are preventing the average customer from using the bandwidth at will. Free Press has since directly sued the FCC for failure to uphold its own rules.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Thank for the suggestion with the elixir 2 Widgets! Gets right passed the tether block and works great!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus