Galaxy Nexus Muting i515

joyu

Reaction score
I have been scouring the web to see if the Galaxy Nexus muting problem has been fixed. I have been waiting months for 4.04 assuming the issue would be resolved, but the problem still exists (When I talked to a worker in store they assured me the fix would be coming in 4.04).

The Official Google Issue Thread Click Here

Some people say that Wired Headset Routing Fix works and some say it doesn't.

There is also a claim that Verizon is slowly fixing the problem and that the issue is slowly going away.

Those of you who have the muting issue has it become less frequent?

I only updated the Radio, but it shouldn't matter since 4.0.4 has been out for a while and been used in ROMs that still had the bug?

It seems to have gotten a little bit better for me, I was able to make 2 calls in a row without having the problem... I am trying to decide whether to wait a little longer or switch to the Razr Max, I really like this phone... err... device and I don't want to give up future updates but I am tired of having to use my wife's phone for making calls.

Edit: For those not in the know, the muting bug happens in the middle of a call, where suddenly the people on the other end cannot hear you anymore. It cannot be fixed by toggling the mute button on the phone, and getting a replacement phone will not help as the issue is somehow tied to the account (Assumption based on my reading).

Last edited:

GoBears

Reaction score
Since I've updated to Liquid 1.35 and those newest official 4.0.4 radios (not the leak), I've hadn't it happen to me. Used to happen to me like every other call. Can't say it's definitely fixed but it's definitely better.

OP
J

joyu

Reaction score
Well I have been making a lot of short calls and I haven't had the problem with the official 4.0.4 radios and the wired headset routing fix. The real test is for long calls, I will try Liquid if (when) the problem shows its ugly face again.

I did have the problem the day after I updated to the official 4.0.4 with out the routing fix.

OP
J

joyu

Reaction score
Had the muting issue again, the problem never happens when I am testing for it, only when I don't want it to happen which is really annoying. I guess I will try liquid to see if it makes a difference. But, if you have also had the bug less lately, then I have a feeling Verizon might be slowly fixing things on their end.

It would be nice to get some other peoples opinion ;)