g2 random repeat voicemail alerts and can't stand swipe to answer

60xlch

Reaction score
This is my 1st smart phone. Frustrating to say the least. One problem lies with voice mail alerts, sometimes. Here is the scenario. Phone does not ring. It will go right to voicemail. I know by the Alert sound. I dial *86, hit Send, put in password and hit pound. Listen to voicemail and then erase. Several days later I here a voice mail alert. Listen to it and its the same one i listened to and erased days before. What's up with this? Is it the phone, Verizon or what? Like I said, it does not happen all the time but enough to be annoying and never happened with my Motorola flip.
2nd issue- Besides swiping to the outer circle to answer or touching it to your ear, is there any other way to easily answer the phone? Verizon says no.
Thanks
Matt

Erikbal

Reaction score
The voicemail part sounds like it's a Verizon issue to me. As far as answering the phone there may be something you can do about that but I'm not sure. Unfortunately this forum doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic these days so here's a bump for you. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will come along and give you some more helpful advice.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

acejavelin

Reaction score
I don't know if you found an answer yet... this forum is very dead for the G2, I only check it every so often... The voicemail issue is clearly a Verizon issue, I would call tech support and ask them to reset your mailbox, then set it up again, also try using the Visual Voicemail if it is available to you.

As far as the answering thing goes, not really anything you can do there... almost all smart phones (any touch screen phone really) are "swipe to answer", this prevents accidental answering in pocket/purse, or proximity answer (actually a really bad idea in my mind). Without physical hard keys like SEND/END there isn't much of a way to answer the call, there are some phone or root mods (Xposed) that allow to answer with Volume keys, but I have never used them.