FXZ is as SBF?... Unlock bootloader?

HI_Bio_Commando

Reaction score
I was wondering, if the guys over at XDA are searching databases for a particular SBF without avail, shouldn't we be looking for a particular FXZ, cuz isn't that what we flash through RSD to unbrick?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
HI_Bio_Commando

HI_Bio_Commando

Reaction score
W[/URL]e're waiting on a full Sbf which will flash through Rsd lite as well which will flash a full stock image like you got it from verizon

My understanding is that SBF is no longer used, and that FXZ replaces SBF. A stock FXZ with an unlocked bootloader is what we should be sifting for, am I correct in assuming this?

JLags917

Reaction score
Its possible but not too sure because they always used sbf but their also supposed to start unlocking the bootloaders at the end of 2011 and its prob more likely now that motorola is in google hands

wseyller

Reaction score
FXZ is a format that is replacing the SBF. SBF will go away. Dont ever expect to see the SBF format used for the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
HI_Bio_Commando

HI_Bio_Commando

Reaction score
So when looking for a stock image with an unlocked bootloader, its safe to say we're looking for the image in FXZ format. Its confusing when the Web is filled with search results which correlate "unlocking Bionic bootloader" with "SBF".

wseyller

Reaction score
So when looking for a stock image with an unlocked bootloader, its safe to say we're looking for the image in FXZ format. Its confusing when the Web is filled with search results which correlate "unlocking Bionic bootloader" with "SBF"

Because at first we were looking for an sfb after the bionic came out. Then fxz was later introduced.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk