Function pre-sets messed up on front panel!!

bricorp1

Reaction score
I have the Droid X and love it so far...the only issue I am having is two of the preset function buttons at the lower front of the phone are constantly controlling the volumn. I asked a few Verizon reps and they said that was impossible sicen they are pre-programmed for "back" and "recent" functions only...well IT DOES HAPPEN. I know you can change the function of the external keys on some of the older HTC phones, but I cant find this choice on the X. The function will stop for no reason and then start back again...it is very distracting since the volumn status bar pops up on the screen each time I use the "back" button. HELP
Thanks, Bricorp

rcjames

Reaction score
What happens. If you do a factory reset? Is it better? If problem still there then why not call Verizon for a replacement?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

bricorp1

Reaction score
Replacement is the last resort! I have the phone exactly the way I want it and replacing means I have to start all over I think!! Or can they copy from one Droid to another wiht all apps, photos...I don't think so...?

OP
B

bricorp1

Reaction score
In regards to the Factory Reset....doesn't that also wipe all of my apps and pre-set screeens out? That sucks as the only viable option to fix these darn phones:icon_eek:

lterry913

Reaction score
most Installed apps and screens that you can customize settings on will let you save them to sd card,it is usually in the apps settings...and astro will back up your apps and let you reinstall...your paid apps will be waiting in market under download...just make sure that you backup settings for launcher pro, checkbook, notes, or anything that is not normally saved to sd card...worked for me annd hope it works for you if ever needed.

OP
B

bricorp1

Reaction score
Great info....thanks. Hope I don't need factory reset to solve my volume issue but it seems to be the final answer in solving most everyone's issues.....either that or replacement!