Fully integrated Calendar??

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
I would guess that cnet got it wrong in this case. For me, integrated calendar is what functionality already exists with Android, at least for Gmail. Back and Forth Syncing between the calendar on your phone and the calendar in your email system. Although with Google now supporting exchange, it makes it easier for other email systems to integrate.

So if I add an entry to my phone's calendar on the Droid, it adds the entry into my google calendar?

Currently with my blackberry's calendar, it doesn't do anything to keep me organized with my google calendar. I have to have two separate calendars... and ever since I heard about the Droid I assumed there would be two-way syncing for the calendar, which would be umpteen times better than how it works w/my blackberry right now.

I've just been having google calendar be my main calendar, and having it text me as a reminder for all my appointments... I actually erased my Blackberry calendar, it felt clunky compared to google calendar.

Please say 2-way calendar syncing is true!

Edit: To clarity, what I mean is that, if I add an entry into google calendar, it will sync it to my bb calendar if i use google sync and hit "sync now", but if I add an entry to my bb, there's no way (from my knowledge - or is there a way?) to sync it from my bb to my google calendar. And, I add 90% of my appointments on the go when I have my phone with me but not a desktop to be able to access google calendar and add entries... so it doesn't make sense for me to try to keep them synced since if I'm going to add an entry to google calendar, chances are I've already added it to my bb calendar, so why should I be doing 2x the work if Droid can help me halve the amount of work it takes to keep organized?

The Android calendar will do 2-way sync with the Google "desktop" calendar.

OP
pilot25

pilot25

Reaction score
[/quote]The Android calendar will do 2-way sync with the Google "desktop" calendar.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the desktop calendar just a link to the web google calendar?

I have never seen a standalone desktop calendar from google.

SteveF

Reaction score
the problem i have found with the calendar/exchange has to do with invites via email. When you receive an invite/appointment, there is no way to accept or reject it, therefore it wont add to calendar. This is a pretty large issue for blackberry or win mobile converters.......anyone got ideas?

robertredd

Reaction score
I have the Droid Eris and my wife has the Droid. I actually like her calendar better having the separate Corporate Calendar App and the Google Calendar App. On my Eris, they are combined and as a result I can't setup different alerts and notifications and I don't always want to see my corporate calendar when I go to look at my personal Google Calendar. Currently, on the Eris, I have to go into the Calendar options and select/unselect the Exchange overlay.

I wish I could at least have two separate instances of Calendar running (like my wife's Droid) and have one setup for Exchange only and the other for all my Google Calendars.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Another alternative for the Outlook / Google sync is gSyncit. I had been using Google Calndar Sync but it will not run on Windows 7 x64 (or vista x64) reliably. I am very happy with the performace of gSyncit, despite it not being free. http://www.daveswebsite.com/ is the their site.