Full OTA 2.2 Froyo SBF?!?!?! Possibly dropping shortly!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ok, I successfully flashed 2.2.15. The phones systems seem to work fine but instead of a 3g symbol I have a blue triangle. Data seems not to work and I cannot make calls. It routes me to a Verizon assistance message.

Might need to activate it....

*228 opt.1

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just curious, whats the point of flashing an SBF?

It takes the device back to a virgin 2.2 install, just like it would be as a New Device.

byproxy

Reaction score
so with this file, we can go direct from 2.2 leak to 2.2 official right?

Jaeger

Reaction score
I went from 2.2.13 to 2.2.15. I had to call in to reprogram the phone but other than that it worked fine. Apps that had "disappeared" from the market with 2.2.13 are now visible again.
My only issue now is regaining root. I had used the method listed here
One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home
with 2.2.13 and it worked perfectly. I cannot seem to make it work now. I have to go to work so I'll go back to regaining root tonight. In the meantime, if anyone has suggestions, I am all ears!

DJeneral

Reaction score
I went from 2.2.13 to 2.2.15. I had to call in to reprogram the phone but other than that it worked fine. Apps that had "disappeared" from the market with 2.2.13 are now visible again.
One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - One Click Droid X Froyo ROOOOT GUI! - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home
with 2.2.13 and it worked perfectly. I cannot seem to make it work now. I have to go to work so I'll go back to regaining root tonight. In the meantime, if anyone has suggestions, I am all ears!

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers

Jaeger, I used this method to root my wife's stock 2.2 OTA X from her Mac and it worked great. You likely will have to "apply" the root twice however.

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
Awesome, just got it downloaded. No more bootloops for medancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

S

scrub175

I hope this leads to new roms with the ota kernel and radio soon. No more fragmentation within the X community. One sbf one rom source...

Sent from my DROIDX

Jaeger

Reaction score

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers

Jaeger, I used this method to root my wife's stock 2.2 OTA X from her Mac and it worked great. You likely will have to "apply" the root twice however.

That did the job. Outstanding!!! dancedroid

cleopete

Reaction score
I hope this leads to new roms with the ota kernel and radio soon. No more fragmentation within the X community. One sbf one rom source...

Sent from my DROIDX
...One ROM to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

[It was either that or Marley]