Full charge notification

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Is it possible to get rid of the bright white notification bar when the phone is charged? I use my phone like a night stand clock. Half way through the night I can't read the time because the bar is so bright it over powers the time display.

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yes I know, but when it's across the room you can't reach it. What I was asking can to eliminate it all together?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I was really hoping someone would have an answer for this. Or that there would be news that it was fixed in the recent OTA. Nothing like having my S5 bathe my bedroom in unending white light at 3am when it finishes charging. Even if the banner would disappear on its own in 5 seconds or so, rather than being persistent forever until I have to wake up to swipe it away. It's seriously messed up my sleep schedule on several occasions.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep my phone face down. I get any audio I might need without the room getting lit up by a notification or phone call.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I keep my phone face down. I get any audio I might need without the room getting lit up by a notification or phone call.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I also do that, but I was hoping for something a bit more elegant. I'm now using my old note 2 as an alarm clock.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Unfortunately there really isn't an "elegant" fix for this. You could try dimming your screen a bit more before going to bed, or try using a darker wallpaper. I always use a black or very dark colored wallpaper anyways since it's easier on the battery. So when it does come on in the middle of they night, it won't be as blinding. I'm usually asleep by the time my S5 finishes charging, so the 5-10 seconds the screen does lights up, doesn't usually bother me.
That said, I do usually wake up each morning by the light of my screen, before I actually hear the alarm. But I have my alarm set for 2 minutes before it reaches full volume.
us2uBv3.png
This way my alarm doesn't wake up my wife, if by chance she happens to get up after me.

Edit: I just realized.....have you just recently upgraded to Lollipop? Obviously, that would explain the bright white notification bar, as opposed to the black bar on all KitKat devices. My suggestion above may be a moot point if this is the case. One of the many reasons I never took the update.....I can't stand the over abundance of white that was incorporated into this update.
If my suggestion above doesn't work for you, you might look into a third party launcher. There are some really great ones out there (I use Apex Pro, but there are others that are equally as good, if not better) and this way you can get rid of all those white backgrounds, including the notification bar.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there really isn't an "elegant" fix for this. You could try dimming your screen a bit more before going to bed, or try using a darker wallpaper. I always use a black or very dark colored wallpaper anyways since it's easier on the battery. So when it does come on in the middle of they night, it won't be as blinding. I'm usually asleep by the time my S5 finishes charging, so the 5-10 seconds the screen does lights up, doesn't usually bother me.
That said, I do usually wake up each morning by the light of my screen, before I actually hear the alarm. But I have my alarm set for 2 minutes before it reaches full volume.
us2uBv3.png
This way my alarm doesn't wake up my wife, if by chance she happens to get up after me.

Edit: I just realized.....have you just recently upgraded to Lollipop? Obviously, that would explain the bright white notification bar, as opposed to the black bar on all KitKat devices. My suggestion above may be a moot point if this is the case. One of the many reasons I never took the update.....I can't stand the over abundance of white that was incorporated into this update.
If my suggestion above doesn't work for you, you might look into a third party launcher. There are some really great ones out there (I use Apex Pro, but there are others that are equally as good, if not better) and this way you can get rid of all those white backgrounds, including the notification bar.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n
Even with Nova the pull down is fugly white
e7c395a9a737fe2022e42a615dbf3a8f.jpg

My tin hat wants to know why amoled screens are using white, a battery hog to them, so much. With everything going sealed battery are they trying to wear our batteries out faster so we'll HAVE to buy a new phone sooner? Thankfully I keep my tin hat tucked away in a closet most of the time.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: cr6
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
You could use the Twilight app to make it less painful..

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Great idea....LOVE the Twilight app so much I purchased the Pro edition. highly recommended.

S5 tap'n

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
The latest OTA fixed it - no more "unplug your charger" pop-up banner. Ding dong the witch is dead!