Full Battery Popup

Anna00

Reaction score
Turn your phone off then hold volume down button and then hold power button. It will boot into cwm. Use vol up/down to scroll, back button to select, and menu button to return to previous menu.

Once in cwm scroll down and select install zip from sdcarf, then select choose zip, then scroll down and find the zip file and select it then select yes. Once its done return to the main menu and select reboot system now

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Okay, I downloaded the .zip file to my SD card, and then I tried multiple time to boot my phone into cwm as described above, but it does not work. I turn the phone off, hold down the volume down button, then hold the power button, but my phone just turns on as it normally would. What am I doing wrong?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn your phone off then hold volume down button and then hold power button. It will boot into cwm. Use vol up/down to scroll, back button to select, and menu button to return to previous menu.

Once in cwm scroll down and select install zip from sdcarf, then select choose zip, then scroll down and find the zip file and select it then select yes. Once its done return to the main menu and select reboot system now

Okay, I downloaded the .zip file to my SD card, and then I tried multiple time to boot my phone into cwm as described above, but it does not work. I turn the phone off, hold down the volume down button, then hold the power button, but my phone just turns on as it normally would. What am I doing wrong?
hold vol dwn, vlo up and pwr butt down for 12-15 seconds after you turn it off to boot into recovery

Anna00

Reaction score

hold vol dwn, vlo up and pwr butt down for 12-15 seconds after you turn it off to boot into recovery

Oy. Okay, I got it to boot into cwm, but i can't select anything. I scroll up and down with the volume, but when I press the back button for "apply sdcard:update.zip", nothing happens. I even tried using the power button to select, but nothing. The prompt says that Enter is the OK Key, whatever that is..

I used the "home" button to select, but then I just get an Exclamation Point with the little droid dude, so I don't know what I did wrong. Oy, frustrating.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Oy. Okay, I got it to boot into cwm, but i can't select anything. I scroll up and down with the volume, but when I press the back button for "apply sdcard:update.zip", nothing happens. I even tried using the power button to select, but nothing. The prompt says that Enter is the OK Key, whatever that is..

I used the "home" button to select, but then I just get an Exclamation Point with the little droid dude, so I don't know what I did wrong. Oy, frustrating.

Anna, is your phone rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery installed?

Anna00

Reaction score
No, my phone is not rooted. Maybe that is my problem.
I was hoping that I could turn off the notification without having to root my phone. I'm not too experienced with rooting, so I'm afraid to brick my phone if I try it.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, my phone is not rooted. Maybe that is my problem.
I was hoping that I could turn off the notification without having to root my phone. I'm not too experienced with rooting, so I'm afraid to brick my phone if I try it.

That is indeed the problem. You have to be rooted and have ClockworkMod Recovery installed in order to flash this mod.