Frustration with Internal Storage maxing out.

eagleland

Reaction score
Hi to all! I have a question. Even though I have my device storage setting on sd card as default storage, every time I update an app or add certain apps I keep getting a low space warning on my phone. I have moved all apps that are allowed to the sd card. My sd card still has 15.1 gb of space though my phone is full.

What can I do to create more space internally without having to uninstall apps?
Thank you very much in advance,
Marc

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Marc

It is less likely to be the apps that are at fault and more likely some of the media and/or associated data. I would first look in the downloads folder to see if something is there that you weren't aware of then take all the movies photos and music and move them to the SD card.

OP
E

eagleland

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for your reply. I don't have any movies, very few pics and little music on this phone. Should I clear all associated data? Do I have to do that for each app? I noticed to that when some of my apps update, they update to the phone and not to the default sd card.
Thanks again!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That is what Android will do. If you aren't rooted only apps that allow a settings change for where data is stored will allow you to save to SD. Something is taking up space and it would require a ton of apps alone to even come close. There is a utility that will help you find the space hogs. (Disk Usage) You shouldn't need to clear data on everything but you might look at what mail you have stored, sent/trash.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The downloads folder on your browser is something to look at clearing as well. Though the media you download over time may well be gone, it's space in that folder could still be clogged up. Facebook app, Google+, etc can also carry a lot of unwanted data.
For a quick and easy way to dump unwanted data may I suggest Clean Master app? It's free and can be a big help

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
E

eagleland

Reaction score
That is a great app! Thank you. Seems my data is hogging 629mb. Applications taking 439mb. yahoo mail only 27mb and google play services taking 40mb All others minimal. Any suggestions? Thank you again for your insight!

Deepansh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Micromax Canvas Turbo A250
I also experienced the same problem. I downloaded a lot of third party apps to increase my storage, but they usually took more space than they cleaned.
Applications like Facebook, WhatsApp, Google+, any browser require a lot of space and do not allow to be shifted to sd card. The only proper solution to this problem is that you root your phone. Then you can send all your apps to sd card, and boom, you have a lot of space to download and update new apps.

By the way, newer phones have a lot of internal storage, so if you've had enough time with your phone, go ahead, buy a new one.