Froyo not letting my phone boot up

Kedash00

Reaction score
My phone died last night because i left a program running and i plugged it in this morning and the Droid eye came on, and it's been "turning on" for 30 minutes now, i do have the unofficial "official" release of 2.2 and my phone is rooted, but it shouldn't be taking this long. Ive pulled the battery and tried to let it boot, but no go.

I also tried to boot into recovery but it wont respond to the power + x, just boots up like normal. Did the recovery menu change in froyo or is my phone bricked?

Thanks for any help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved post for better assistance. I'd leave it plugged in for 2 hours before I tried to turn it on. Sounds like you don't have enough battery.

OP
K

Kedash00

Reaction score
i actually traded batteries with the wife's phone and hers was fully charged and it's still at the boot screen, about 15 minutes into the boot up it did make the noise like it was scanning my memory card, but still with the droid eye on the screen. I'm just going to let it sit for a while and see if it will come back on.

OP
K

Kedash00

Reaction score
it wont let me boot into recovery :icon_evil:
i held down power and x for over 5 minutes until my fingers got tired and it just stayed on the droid eye screen. i think i finally bricked the phone...
All the things i've done to it and the 2.2 update actually takes it down lol.
Guess next step is to call verizon and get a replacment.

OP
K

Kedash00

Reaction score
finally got into recovery! 2.2 still on the phone, and still rooted, man i was getting upset, but i'm back in business. Thanks to all who replied.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Good. Glad to hear it.

For future reference, holding down the X while the Droid eye screen is up will do nothing unless you're boot-looping to the M, and even then it's not guaranteed. You'll have to do a battery pull and start over to get into recovery.