Froyo Messaging.apk on Droid X?

paramnesya

Reaction score
i was able to get woodyman's custom mms.apk working. download and install instructions here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/32682-update-new-settings-stock-messaging-app.html

in addition to installing though i needed to rename moto messaging app (Conversations.apk) because i was getting double incoming messages. not double notifications mind you, double messages. after i renamed it everything worked fine.

You deserve a cookie. Lots of cookies. Or beer. Whatever it is that you like. I have been using Rubix (which I [now] believe actually includes this linked app; if not it, something very similar).. I actually updated to Gingerbread but the second I saw the messaging app I panicked and went back to Froyo/Rubix. I've spent the last couple of days trying to install the [what I now know is the Motorola] stock MMS app from a 2.2 dump and getting really frustrated that it didn't look the same as the one on my Rubix build. I never even made the connection that it wasn't actually the default from Moto's Froyo distribution.

Even if none of the above makes sense, the point is this: THANK YOU!!